FSpS:e028 Physiology of Sport Exercise - Course Information
e028 Physiology of Sport and ExerciseFaculty of Sports Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Martina Bernaciková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ondřej Sitek (lecturer)
Mgr. Jakub Mazúr (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martina Bernaciková, Ph.D.
Department of Kinesiology - Faculty of Sports Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Andrea Kakulidu
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 1 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/1, only registered: 0/1
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Multidisciplinary studies (programme FSpS, KOS)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Sport Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with understanding of the physiology of exercise and sport. The course is offered for students of physical education, atheltic training, etc. It consists of theoretical lectures and practical training.
- Theme of Lessons: Introductory seminar
- Antropometry (body height, weight, segmental girths, breadths, skinfolds)
- Structure and function of skeletal muscle, skeletal muscle and exercise + Structure and function of the nervous system. Neuromuscular adaptation to training.
- Metabolism, energy, and basic energy systems. Metabolic adaptation to training + Energetic expenditure, basal metabolism
- Structure and function of cardiovascular system, cardiovascular response and adaptation to exercise + Measuring of Heart Rate in rest and stress test
- Measuring of Blood Presure in rest and stress test, Cardiac Output
- Structure and function of respiratory system, respiratory response and adaptation to excercise + Spirometry
- Termoregulation, responses and acclimatization to exercise in hot and cold environments
- Endocrine glans and their hormones. Hormonal response and adaptation to exercise
- Testing of Anaerobic and Aerobic Ability (W170, Wingate test)
- Measuring and determination of Ventilatory Threshold (VT)
- Spiroergometry (Measuring of aerobic capacity, determine of maximum oxygen uptake)
- recommended literature
- MCARDLE, William D., Frank I. KATCH and Victor L. KATCH. Essentials of exercise physiology. Fifth edition. Philadelphia: Sage, 2016. xx, 702. ISBN 9781496309099. info
- WILMORE, Jack H., David L. COSTILL and W. Larry KENNEY. Physiology of sport and exercise. 4th ed. Champaign, Ill.: Human Kinetics, 2008. xvii, 574. ISBN 9780736055833. info
- MCARDLE, William D., Frank I. KATCH and Victor L. KATCH. Exercise physiology : energy, nutrition, and human performance. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007. xxi, 1068. ISBN 9780781749909. info
- Sport and exercise physiology testing guidelines: the British Association of sport and exercise sciences guide. Edited by Edward M. Winter. 1st ed. London: Routledge, 2007. 364 s. ISBN 9780415361415. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars and protocols work out.
- Assessment methods
- The course accomplishment is based on a mandatory course attendance and a successfully passed final test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.