FSS:BSSb1110 Strategy and economy - Course Information
BSSb1110 Strategy and economy of state defenseFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Josef Kraus, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Josef Procházka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jakub Drmola, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Adam Potočňák (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Josef Kraus, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Pospíšilová
Supplier department: Division of Security and Strategic Studies - Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! BSS110 Strategy and economy && ! NOW ( BSS110 Strategy and economy )
No prerequisites and co-requisites demanded.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 21 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Student of the course will describe development of military sphere (in European context above all) and he will understand and identify basic context in the progress of strategic thought with regard to the main political, social and economic changes that have influenced this development from antiquity up to now. Participants should be able to describe the history of military though and discuss about the strategic thought from antiquity up to now, military developments and connection between technology and the way of waging wars.
- Learning outcomes
- Knowledge of the most important ideas and theories of strategic thought, basics of tactics and operational art. Knowledge of the most important modern strategic documents of world powers and the Czech Republic. The ability of critical thinking over ancient, medieval and modern strategic decision-making and planning.
- Course Contents: Terminology and basic concepts History of strategy New security environment and current military strategies Strategies of the 21st Century Revolution in Military Affairs Strategic management Counter-insurgency strategies
- required literature
- Vojenská strategie. Edited by Vlastimil Galatík - Antonín Krásný - Karel Zetocha. 1. vyd. Praha: Ministerstvo obrany České republiky - PIC MO, 2008. 343 s. ISBN 9788072784752. info
- recommended literature
- SUNZI and Bin SUN. Umění války. Gliwice: Helion, 2005. 296 s. ISBN 837361821X. info
- MACHIAVELLI, Niccolò. Úvahy o vládnutí a o vojenství. Translated by Josef Hajný. Vyd. 1. Praha: Argo, 2001. 343 s. ISBN 8072033913. info
- CLAUSEWITZ, Carl von. O válce :dílo z pozůstalosti generála Carl von Clausewitze. Edited by Antonín Pohlodek. Vyd. 2. Brno: Bonus A, 1996. 749 s. ISBN 80-85914-27-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, reading, paper writting, strategic game playing.
- Assessment methods
- One written paper demanded. One written report about playing a strategic online game. Final exam test passing. Classification: A; 60–56 points B; 55–51 C; 50–46 D; 45–41 E; 40–36 F; 35 and less
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses