FSS:ENSn4526 Master thesis I - Course Information
ENSn4526 Master thesis - preparatory seminar IFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Bohuslav Binka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ing. Jan Blažek (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Jan Činčera, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Dostalík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Fraňková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Naděžda Johanisová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Jan Krajhanzl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vojtěch Pelikán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Karel Stibral, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Zbyněk Ulčák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vendula Zahumenská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Karel Stibral, Ph.D.
Department of Environmental Studies - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Bc. Petra Burišková
Supplier department: Department of Environmental Studies - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! HEN526 Master thesis I &&! NOW ( HEN526 Master thesis I )
Students enrol this course in the term, previous to the last intended term before they sit for final exam. Defence of the thesis is a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Environmental Studies (programme FSS, N-ENV)
- Course objectives
- The student’s task is to conduct an independent research under the guidance of their supervisor in the field of their study. Results of this research are then to be analyzed and presented as an academic text, in the length and formal standards common in their field (incl. structure of the thesis, abstract, key words, format, citation standard and list of references and bibliography). Graduates of this course will then be able to define a specific research topic in their field, independently conduct a research and analyze collected data to compose academic text meeting the theoretical, methodological and formal standards in their field. Students are also ready to defend their thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- Student of this course:
- will be able to formulate a relevant research problem in the field of environmental studies and related research questions - can prepare a research study on the selected problem and formulate a selection algorithm defining which resources are relevant to the chosen problem
- will be able to create a research design corresponding to the chosen research question and problem, in order to match the research and reflect the existing knowledge of the field
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor in all stages of thesis completion.
- MEŠKO, Dušan, Dušan KATUŠČÁK and Ján FINDRA. Akademická příručka. České, upr. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2006. 481 s. ISBN 8080632197. info
- Teaching methods
- The student participates in individual consultations with the supervisor in all stages of thesis preparation, writing, and completion.
- Assessment methods
- This course takes the form of individual consultations of students’ theses with their supervisors. It concludes with a credit granted by the supervisor upon the condition that the student submits their final thesis in time. The thesis needs to meet the terms set in the assignment and comply with formal requirements and standards in the respective field of research.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Nutné absolvovat před zapsáním ENSn4528. Jedná se předmět s průběžnými kontrolami podle čl. 16.8. SZŘ MU.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2020/ENSn4526