FSS:MVPd0004 Acad. Publ. I. - Course Information
MVPd0004 Seminar on the academic publishing I.Faculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 20 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Vít Hloušek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Břetislav Dančák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Fiala, Ph.D., LL.M. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Petr Kaniok, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Oldřich Krpec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Zdeněk Kříž, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Markéta Pitrová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Monika Brusenbauch Meislová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Filip Černoch, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Vratislav Havlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jan Osička, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Tomáš Vlček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Vít Hloušek, Ph.D.
Department of International Relations and European Studies - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Olga Cídlová, DiS.
Supplier department: Department of International Relations and European Studies - Faculty of Social Studies
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! MVZ004 Methodological Seminar I. && ! EVS004 Methodological Seminar I.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to develop ability to provide independent academic research work. The course aims at extension of ability to publish a scholar paper.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, a student will be able to publish independently a paper in an academic journal. The paper must be published in a journal covered by the database "Web of Science" (Q1-Q3) or "Scopus" (Q1 or Q2).
- 1) Composition of original scholar article for a peer-reviewed journal 2) Elaboration of the impulses given by the reviewers 3) Acceptation of the paper for publication
- BELCHER, Wendy Laura. Writing your journal article in 12 weeks : a guide to academic publishing success. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2009. xxi, 351. ISBN 9781412957014. info
- Teaching methods
- The course combines individual work of the student with periodical consultations with the supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- A student prepares academic paper according to his or her own consideration with assistance of the supervisor. The paper must deal with an issue related to the topic of the dissertation. The credits for the course are assigned after the student documents that he or she already published the paper or the paper has already been accepted for publication after successful peer review in a scholarly journal indexed at least in the SCOPUS database (only quartile 1 or 2 counts) or Web of Science (quartiles 1-3 only). The supervisor assigns the credits for the course after the student documents that he or she already published the paper or the paper has already been accepted for publication after successful peer review.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2023/MVPd0004