FSS:PSY146 Mental Health - Course Information
PSY146 Mental HealthFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Roman Hytych, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Kostínková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Mon 10:00–11:40 P52
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 29 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course student should be able to:
- formulate their own goal in the framework of mental hygiene and personal growth
- work independently on its fulfilment using techniques and procedures presented during seminars and using also sources from outside this course
- apply various techniques and methods of mental health and self-development in their own life
- 1. Introduction: personal goal
- 2. Psychosomatic connections
- 3. Relaxation techniques
- 4. Bodywork in the context of mental hygiene
- 5. Coping strategied: emotion management
- 6. Focusing
- 7. The technique of "four anchorings"
- 8. "Dialogical" techniques of mental hygiene
- 9. Mental hygiene in environmental context
- 10. Will
- 11. Inspirations from positive psychology: strenghts
- 12. Closure: reflection
- BEDRNOVÁ, Eva. Duševní hygiena a sebeřízení : pro vysokoškoláky a mladé manažery. 1. vyd. Praha: Fortuna, 1999. 157 s. info
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Jak zvládat stres. Praha: Grada, Avicenum, 1994. 190 s. ISBN 8071691216. info
- MELLIBRUDA, Jerzy. Hľadanie seba samého. V Bratislave: Smena, 1987. info
- MÍČEK, Libor. Duševní hygiena. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1984. 207 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Direct experience with various techniques of mental hygiene. Stimulating openess to new experience, sharing and discussing it with others and to looking for one's personal ways of mental hygiene. Formulation of one's own personal goal, conducting continuous personal notes or log capturing one's progress in the pursuit of the chosen goal. Reading selected materials. Summarizing one's continual notes into semester paper and presenting it to others on the last seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Final discussion about semester paper. Active participation on seminars is required.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2018/PSY146