FSS:PSYd0027 Data analysis qualitative - Course Information
PSYd0027 Data analysis – qualitative researchFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 20 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. PhDr. Ivo Čermák, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Tomáš Řiháček, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! PSY027 Data Analysis – Qualitative Research
Master's level knowledge about approaches and methods in qualitative research is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 20 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to deepen students' knowledge about the foundations and methods of qualitative research, as well as their application to a specific problem. The course consists in a revision of the main principles of qualitative research and approaches in qualitative methodology. Emphasis is put on the reflection on epistemological foundations of a project and the correspondence between the chosen epistemology and the practice of research. Furthermore, students will be introduced to the international publication standards in qualitative research in psychology.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to independently design, conduct, and publish a qualitative study. They should be able to justify the chosen approach and reflect on the epistemological foundations and the conceptual framework of the study.
- - Repetition of the main principles of qualitative research
- - Epistemological foundations and conceptual framework
- - Publication standards in qualitative research
- required literature
- CROTTY, Michael. The foundations of social research : meaning and perspective in the research process. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications, 1998. vii, 248. ISBN 0761961062. info
- MAXWELL, Joseph Alex. Qualitative research design : an interactive approach. 3rd ed. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage, 2013. xi, 218. ISBN 9781412981194. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, discussion
- Assessment methods
- Presence on the introductory lecture, self-study of the mandatory literature, oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Teacher's information
- For detailed information, see the Interactive syllabus.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2021/PSYd0027