FSS:SANb1003 Ethnographic Methods - Course Information
SANb1003 Ethnographic Methods and Field ResearchFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kateřina Čanigová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Anastasia Blokhina (assistant)
Ing. Soňa Enenkelová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Thu 8:00–9:40 U35
- ! SAN108 Ethnographic Methods && ! NOW ( SAN108 Ethnographic Methods )
interest in the subject,
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- To introduce key methodological concepts in social anthropology
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to indentify key research methods in social anthropology, and propose suitable method for a particular setting or topic of research
- Please, follow the study catalogue for your immatriculation cohort!
- required literature
- HAMMERSLEY, Martyn a Paul ATKINSON. Ethnography: principles in practice. 3rd ed. London: Routledge, 2007. ISBN 978-0-415-39605-9.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, presentations by professionals in the sectors, homework, reading
- Assessment methods
- Please, follow the sylabus of the relevant cohort.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2022/SANb1003