FSS:SOC503 Thesis Project - Course Information
SOC503 Thesis ProjectFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 12 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Michal Vašečka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Ladislav Rabušic, CSc.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Students enrol this course in their next to the last intended term before they sit for final exam and defence of the thesis as a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The student’s task is to elaborate a proposal of his/her diploma thesis with a research design, or a part of the final version of the thesis respectively.
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor during the process of thesis completion.
- ŠANDEROVÁ, Jadwiga and Alena MILTOVÁ. Jak číst a psát odborný text ve společenských vědách : několik zásad pro začátečníky. Vydání první. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2005. 209 stran. ISBN 9788086429403. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Research design. Edited by D. A. De Vaus. 1st pub. London: Sage Publications, 2006. lv, 358. ISBN 0761944877. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars are organized in the form of discussion groups of students who discuss structure of a their thesis together and they share resources for research and writing. Course offers students ability to identify appropriate bibliographic material and to gain writing skills through reading sessions organized around particular texts brought by students.
- Assessment methods
- This course takes the form of individual consultations of students’ theses with their supervisors. It concludes with a credit granted by the supervisor. The conditions of granting a credit are in competence of the supervisor and depend on mutual agreement between the student and the supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- SOC535 Thesis seminar
- SOC535 Thesis seminar
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2013/SOC503