FSS:PSY252 Statistical data analysis II - Course Information
PSY252 Statistical data analysis IIFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Stanislav Ježek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Širůček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Alena Novotná (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Jan Šerek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Věra Žůrková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kamila Dufková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Stanislav Ježek, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Wed 8:00–9:40 PC25
- PSY117 Statistics
The knowledge of elementary concepts of statistical description and inference. Ability to test simple hypotheses on means, proportions and correlations.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 21 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course the student should be able to perform basic statistical analyses using the SPSS software a to compose a written report on the results of the analyses. He/she should be able to make use of the basic multivariate methods - multiple regression, logistic regression, factorial ANOVA, ANOVA for repeated measures and factor analysis.
- 1. The analytic software environment of SPSS. 2. Statistical description using SPSS. 3. Testing means, proportions and correlations. 4. Multiple regression. 5. Logistic regression. 6. ANOVA, factorial ANOVA, ANCOVA. 7. ANOVA for repeated measures. 8. Factor analysis and elementary item analysis.
- FIELD, Andy P. Discovering statistics using SPSS : (and sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll). 3rd ed. Los Angeles: Sage, 2009. xxxiii, 82. ISBN 9781847879073. info
- Teaching methods
- seminar, online discussion, discussion of team projects
- Assessment methods
- 6 team analyses/projects during the term, active presence in seminars, individual final exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses