FSS:SPR734 Fine Art Creation and SW - Course Information
SPR734 Fine Art Creation and Social WorkFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavel Sochor, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Kateřina Kubalčíková, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- The requirements of the course consisted of: student belonging to field of study.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Work (programme FSS, B-SP) (2)
- Course objectives
- (1) The aim of the course is to present student social cultural construct of disability which exceeds to social work area. Within this context students will be introduced to the value criteria of normality, abnormality, identity and diversity. (2) Furthermore, students will be familiarized with the art functions as a one of the tool for capacity building and active participation of individuals with disability in the social work context. (3) The examples of practical use of selected art forms applied in various social contexts will be part of the course. Students have therefore an opportunity to be familiarized with various art therapy methods. Art therapy methods will be interpreted as a social work tool. The course themes can be directly used to create final theses.
- Learning outcomes (in Czech)
- Student bude po absolvování předmětu schopen: - orientovat se v terminologii - aplikovat získané poznatky v praxi.
- The program of the course (topics, concepts, literature, assignment of tasks): Programme consisted of two topics blocks. Those block logically follow each other and it´s necessary to study continuously. Course allows for systematic knowledge. Block A concerns with the definitions of basic theoretical background of the paradigm of disability and the cultural contexts of disability (art for theraphy and the cultural and artistic trends of art brut, outsider art and disability art). The aim of the seminar is to acquaint students with the critical framework of relevant theoretical background. There is related to the different approaches of social work and other interdisciplinary connotations. Block B deals with individuals with a disability and their artistic creation as a practical tool and environment to enhance their capacity. The aim is the practical application of the knowledge. Syllabus of the course: 1. Topic: Introduction to the course; 2.Topic: Disability in the context of the interdisciplinary theoretical foundations; 3. Topic: Displaying disability and its interpretation - a tool for the social work; 4. Topic: Otherness of artists with disabilities - Art Brut and Outsider Art; 5. Topic: Otherness of artists with disabilities - Disability Art; 6. Topic: Roundtable - Chair for the guest - „Otherness as a barrier“; 7. Topic: Art Therapy as one of the tools of social work (workshop);
- KRHUTOVÁ, L. Diskriminace z důvodu zdravotního postižení v kontextu vzdělávání v sociální práci. Disertační práce, Ostrava : Ostravská univerzita v Ostravě , 2008.
- • SOCHOR, P. Člověk s postižením a výtvarná tvorba. Od zobrazování k autorství. Brno: MU, 2015. ISBN 978-80-210-7925-0, ISBN 978-80-210-7981-6 (online: pdf – MUNISPACE)
- • ŠICKOVÁ-FABRICI, J. Základy arteterapie. Praha: Portál, 2002. ISBN 80-7178-010-0.
- • PANČOCHA, K. Postižení jako axiologická kategorie sociální participace. Brno: MU, 2013. ISBN 978-80-210-6344-0.
- Teaching methods
- Seminar work; Individual homework - text and data analysis (study documents). Group exercises in seminars and public discussions. Active participation in the framework of practical training - workshops.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium: presentation of the semester project - oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2019/SPR734