FSS:SPRb1116 Fieldwork and Supervision III - Course Information
SPRb1116 Fieldwork and Supervision III - GroupworkFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/12. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- PhDr. Monika Punová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Monika Punová, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Tue 14:00–15:40 PC25
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( SPR115 Supervision II ) && ! NOW ( SPR117 Fieldwork and Supervision III )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims to provide students with a supportive background in the performance of their field education, which consists of solving organizational issues and provided supervision. Students get acquainted with the methods of social work with the group and its use in practice. Within the reflection of personal experience resulting from practical education in the organization, a key emphasis is placed on strengthening the student's resilience.
- Learning outcomes
- The completion of the course should strengthen the student's resilience to his future professional career. At the same time, he should have greater knowledge in the field of group social work and self-care of a social worker.
- A key aspect is providing supervision to students. The following topics are emphasized within it. 1. Introduction to the subject, justification of the choice of place of practice, description of the internship position, supervision contract. 2. Organization and workplace of practice. 3. Assessment of the life situation of the organization's clients and a description of the methods of intervention in their life situation. 4. Social workers of the organization (their professional prerequisites, approach to clients, professional hygiene). 5. Methods and techniques of group social work. 6. The resilience of students and social workers.
- required literature
- DOUGLAS, Tom. Basic groupwork. 2nd ed. London: Routledge, 2000. xvi, 146. ISBN 0415224802. info
- recommended literature
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Konflikty mezi lidmi. Vyd. 2., přepracované. Praha: Portál, 2002. 189 s. ISBN 80-7178-642-X. info
- KRATOCHVÍL, Stanislav. Skupinová psychoterapie v praxi. 2. dopl. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2001. 285 s. ISBN 8072620967. info
- BENSON, Jarlath F. Working more creatively with groups. 2nd ed. London: Routledge, 2001. viii, 324. ISBN 0415230381. info
- KOPŘIVA, Karel. Lidský vztah jako součást profese : psychoterapeutické kapitoly pro sociální, pedagogické a zdravotnické profese [Kopřiva, 2000]. 4. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2000. 147 s. ISBN 80-7178-429-X. info
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Jak neztratit nadšení. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1998. 131 s. ISBN 8071695513. info
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Povídej-naslouchám. 1. vyd. Praha: Návrat, 1993. 105 s. ISBN 80-85495-18-X. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching takes place in the form of a supervision seminar. It uses various types of supervision (e.g., the Bálint group) as well as different interactive methods. Students prepare by completing the internship, reading the assigned literature, written reflections based on the assigned questions. Supervisions take place in the group and individual form.
- Assessment methods
- The course ends with an oral credit based on the number of hours of practice, participation in supervision, submission of ongoing tasks, and the final diary of practice.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Celkem 156 hodin praxe.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2020/SPRb1116