FSS:CDSn4003 Modern Technologies - Course Information
CDSn4003 Modern Technologies and ConflictsFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jakub Drmola, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Otto Eibl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marek Dvořáček (assistant)
Mgr. Jan Kleiner (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jakub Drmola, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
- Communicative level of english is required for active participation.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Conflict and Democracy Studies (programme FSS, N-CDS)
- Conflict and Democracy Studies (Eng.) (programme FSS, N-PL)
- Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Social Studies (programme CST, KOS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to explore both the positive and negative impacts of technological progress on conflicts in the broadest sense.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to understand, think about and evaluate possible or probable impacts of new technologies on human conflicts and warfare.
- - history of technology and warfare
- - space security
- - cyber security
- - autonomy and artificial intelligence
- - new weapon systems and materials
- - medicine and biotechnology
- - energy and climate change
- Teaching methods
- The course consists of mixture of lecturing, discussions, presentations and student activities.
- Assessment methods
- Grade is based on the final exam, written essay and activity during semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.