FSS:POLb1115 Elections in Practice - Course Information
POLb1115 Elections in PracticeFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Petr Dvořák (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Michal Pink, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Peter Spáč, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Voda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Michal Pink, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Pospíšilová
Supplier department: Division of Politology - Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
- Fri 16. 9. 8:00–15:40 P51 Posluchárna V. Čermáka
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! POL344 Work Stage && ! NOW ( POL344 Work Stage ) && ( TYP_STUDIA ( B ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Aim of the course i s to prepare students for bette work with large data set from exit poll survey.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are able to prepare own sample of respondents and organize servey data colection during the election. Student know how to work with questionnaire and transform the data in to the outputs.
- 1. Exit Poll and historical sources 2. Well-know characteristics from previous research 3. How to prepare questionnaire 4. How to organize data collection
- required literature
- Babbie, E. R. (2001). The practice of social research. Belmont: Wadsworth.
- Greiner, D. J., & Quinn, K. M. (2012). Long Live the Exit Poll. Dadalus, the Journal of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences. doi:10.1162/DAED_a_00170 (15 stránek)
- O´Leary, Z. (2004). The Essentials Guide To Doing Research, Los Angeles, London: SAGE, kapitola Data Collection, sekce Surveying, str. 150-161. (11 stránek)
- DISMAN, M. Jak se vyrábí sociologická znalost: příručka pro uživatele. 3. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 374 pp. ISBN 80-246-0139-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars
- Assessment methods
- Activity, own homeworks
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2022/POLb1115