FSS:SANb1007 Critical Interpretation of Rel - Course Information
SANb1007 Critical Interpretation of ReligionFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Irena Kašparová, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Irena Kašparová, M.A., Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Irena Kašparová, M.A., Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Tue 12:00–13:40 U35
- ! SAN102 Critical Interpretation of Religion && ! NOW ( SAN102 Critical Interpretation of Religion )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Anthropology (programme FSS, B-SAN) (3)
- Course objectives
- To introduce key concepts of anthropology of religion as well as key terminology, to allow for a disclosure of a link between cosmology and the way society is organised.
- Learning outcomes
- The ability to write an accademic essay upon anthropology of religion The ability to identify connection between cosmology and value system of the society To analyse current state of the art in anthropology of religion
- 1) Religion as a category of dispute 2) Myth and cosmology 3)Animism, animatism and totemis 4)Ritual 5) Interpretations of religion 6) Gender and embodyment 7) Modernity and secularisation 8) Shamanism 9) witchcraft 10) Death
- required literature
- Bowie, F. 2008. Antropologie náboženství. Praha: Portál,
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, independent work, project presentation
- Assessment methods
- 50% essey, 50% project presentation
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.