FSS:BSSn4474 Islamic Political Thought - Course Information
BSSn4474 Islamic Political ThoughtFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Josef Kraus, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Patricie Sušovská (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Josef Kraus, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Pospíšilová
Supplier department: Division of Security and Strategic Studies - Department of Political Science - Faculty of Social Studies
- ! BSS474 Islamic Political Thought && ! NOW ( BSS474 Islamic Political Thought ) && TYP_STUDIA ( N )
No prerequisites and co-requisites needed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 19/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 2/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This course is intended as an overview of the Islamic political thought. Students should be able to understand basic principals of Islam and different kinds of its interpretations.
- Learning outcomes
- Knowledge of the most important Islamic political thoughts in a past and modern time. Students should be able to think critically about Islamic political, philosophical and religious texts. Islamic politics differs from a state to state and region to region, students should be able to analyze and to identify differences among many political systems of the Islamic world.
- History and basics of Islam Sharia – the Islamic law Islamic government, Legality and Legitimacy of Islamic government Velayat-e Faqih and Shia political thought and governance Muslim Brotherhood, Sunni fundamentalism and Salafism Wahhabism and governance in the Persian Gulf Islamic modernism and reformism
- Teaching methods
- This course is intended a scientific overview of Islamic political thought. Main principals of it is explained by lectures. Students should be able to understand and to analyze differences of political thought in various parts of the Islamic world in their papers and oral presentations.
- Assessment methods
- Grading 1) Presentation and leading further discussion (maximum 10 points) 2) Paper (maximum 20 points) 3) Pass the test (maximum 30 points) Evaluation: A. 60-56 points B. 55-51 points C. 50-46 points D. 45-41 points E. 40-36 points F. > 35 points
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2022/BSSn4474