PrF:DI4DIS04 Dissertation - Individual Stud - Course Information
DI4DIS04 Dissertation - Individual Study Plan IVFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 17 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 28 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The specific content and objectives of the course and the resulting requirements for its completion are always based on the individual study plan and its semester content. They are determined according to the principles set by the doctoral board of the relevant program. Unless otherwise stated by this procedure, the course is usually aimed at continuing the study of relevant resources (and searching for other sources), completing the definition of methodological approach that will be used to solve the defined issues, creating a proposal for the work structure and solution concept. The aim is to elaborate in writing the basic theses and ideas on which the next procedure will be based, as a rule to create a part of the working text as well as a timetable for the next procedure, and to obtain feedback on these partial outputs and for developing corresponding skills.
- Learning outcomes
- Specific outputs are always based on the individual study plan and its semester content. They are determined according to the principles set by the doctoral board of the relevant program. Unless otherwise specified by this procedure, the outputs typically include:
- the definition of a methodological approach to be used to address the defined issues
- design of structure of the dissertation and generla concept of solution
- writing of essential theses and ideas on which the solution will be based, as well as creating a part of the working text
- timetable for further progress
- possibly formalized "theses" of the dissertation
- obtaining feedback that can be used for further progress and developing corresponding skills by organizing a discussion meeting (the format and composition of which will be determined by the supervisor) at which the above outcomes will be presented and discussed
- The syllabus is prepared individually after agreement with the supervisor within the framework of the individual study plan. It usually involves continuing to study relevant sources (and searching for other sources). Consultations with the supervisor and other persons are underway, the student actively seeks opportunities for obtaining further information as well as feedback on already processed outputs. Definition of the methodological approach that will be used in solving the defined issues is completely completed; Essential theses and ideas from which the next procedure will be based are elaborated in writing, usually a part of the working text is also presented. For example, these outputs can be formalized in the individual study plan as "theses of dissertation". Discussion of these outcomes at a discussion meeting (whose format and composition will be determined by the supervisor) is usually a milestone of study, the fulfillment of which is an obligation stipulated in the individual study plan.
- Literatura je samostatně vyhledána studentem na základě případných doporučení školitele a dalších osob. Odvíjí se od tématu disertační práce. (Literature is independently searched by the student based on possible recommendations of the supervisor)
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by a colloquium, in which the fulfillment of the semester content of the individual study plan as well as the requirements specified in the individual study plan itself is evaluated.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2022/DI4DIS04