PrF:DIINTER Internacionalization - Course Information
DIINTER InternacionalizationFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 36 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquire knowledge related to internationalization activities as a compulsory part of doctoral studies, as it follows from the relevant regulations. Specific objectives depend on the selected type of activity, which, in accordance with the rules of a particular study program and any rules established by the doctoral board, determines the content of the course. It can typically be a foreign internship, or participation in an international creative project with results published or presented abroad, or another form of direct participation in international cooperation, if the rules of the study program so permit. To various extent, the following aims are pursued in these activities according to a specific schedule in the individual study plan: acquiring knowledge about the method of scientific work at a foreign workplace, acquiring specific skills and knowledge according to the specialization of the given foreign workplace, consultations of the approach to the dissertation topic and consultations of partial outputs with foreign experts and thus use of foreign knowledge and experience for elaboration of the dissertation topic, acquiring relevant foreign sources and understanding them, as well as developing a range of soft skills necessary to manage active participation in international cooperation (professional, communication, language, etc.) Students of the full-time doctoral degree program are in principle expected to fulfill these goals by completing a foreign internship of at least one month in total. In the case of students of the combined form, the division into two parts may be allowed.
- Learning outcomes
- The content of the course is strongly individualized and depends on the content identified in the individual study plan. Subsequently, it also predetermines the outcomes. Usually, however, by completing the course the student: gains knowledge of the methods of scientific work at a foreign workplace or in a foreign or international scientific team, develops specific skills and knowledge according to the specialization of the foreign workplace or international team; depending on the form of involvement they will receive feedback on their own outputs or on how to deal with the topic; expands the range of available professional sources; develops soft skills typically associated with participation in an international scientific team, solving a scientific project, or managing a foreign internship.
- The syllabus is prepared individually after agreement with the supervisor within the individual study plan.
- Literatura určena po dohodě se školitelem dle konkrétní náplně a tématu aktivity (Literature specified in agreement with the supervisor according to the specific content and theme of the activity)
- Teaching methods
- internship, consultation
- Assessment methods
- In order to pass the course:
1) The internship must be documented in the IS according to the relevant instruction: https://www.law.muni.cz/content/cs/student/pruvodce-studiem/doktorske-studium/#item57198 2) The merit and benefits of the internship has to be evaluated and discussed with the supervisor. Therefore, along with the documents necessary for registration in the IS, the student should also submit a written report on the course of the foreign trip, which shows the content of the internship and its benefits in relation to the research focus of the dissertation, including a statement from the supervisor, with whom the content and benefits of the internship should be consulted.
For the course to be passed, the internship must be at least 1 month in total (or at least 2 times 14 days for students in combined study).
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2024/DIINTER