PrF:DIKONF Conference Presentation - Course Information
DIKONF Conference PresentationFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 28 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to lead students to their own creative work and gain experience in active participation in the scientific community. The main aim of the course is to master the method of processing discussion papers for conferences, its presentation, mastering the subsequent discussion and processing the feedback received.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student should gain experience in choosing a topic for a particular conference, as well as selecting the conference itself so that such a conference would be beneficial for its professional development; experience in preparing content and appropriate forms of presentation; presentation at the conference itself; managing the subsequent discussion; elaboration of the feedback obtained both as regards the topic (for further processing of the publication output or part of the dissertation) and the ability to better present at conferences
- The syllabus is prepared individually in agreement with the supervisor as part of the individual study plan. The student, in agreement with the supervisor, chooses a conference focusing on the topic of the dissertation or a similar topic and discusses the topic of the discussion paper. At the same time, he / she will consult the supervisor on the progress of the discussion paper as well as the presentation itself, and subsequent discussion. The conference performance, which is evaluated within the course, is usually preceded by practice performances (with other topics) at less demanding conferences, through which the student develops the necessary skills (according to the individual needs of the student, which are identified in cooperation with the supervisor). The evaluated course is the outcome of this whole process of developing relevant skills; not its whole expression.
- Literatura určena po dohodě se školitelem dle konkrétního oboru (Literature determined in agreement with the supervisor according to the specific field)
- Teaching methods
- Individual consultations. Preparation, presentation and evaluation take place under the supervisor's mentorship.
- Assessment methods
- The evaluation is carried out during the subsequent consultation, usually after the supervisor was present at the conference presentation. Students evaluate their performance, including discussion, and identify acquired knowledge. The supervisor assesses whether the necessary skills have been developed and whether the student has meaningfully evaluated the feedback obtained.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2022/DIKONF