PrF:DIPUB Scientific Publication A, B, C - Course Information
DIPUB Scientific Publication A, B, CFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. (maximum: 20 credits). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 36 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to lead the student to independent creative work at the standard level (at least) in the relevant field, and the ability to publish the results in an appropriate format. The aim is especially to develop the ability to select a suitable topic for processing (for a given form of publication), the ability to elaborate this topic on an expert level in a suitable structure, clearly define the subject and goal of the text, formulate conclusions, manage the publication process, including peer review.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will gain experience in the preparation of scientific publications and develop the skills necessary for this, namely the ability to select a suitable topic, the ability to elaborate this topic on a professional level in an appropriate structure, clearly define the subject and goal of the text, formulate conclusions, master the publication process, including the review process. At the same time, the output is also the very progress in the given area, which the student solves in the publication, ie. developing part of the dissertation thesis.
- The syllabus will be prepared individually after agreement with the supervisor within the individual study plan.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- The requirement for completion of the course is the completion of a scientific text that meets the requirements for each category of publications: category A corresponds to 15 credits, category B corresponds to 10 credits, category C corresponds to 5 credits. The student is obliged to produce at least one publication of category A or B in the course of his/her studies. The text must be published, or at least demonstrably accepted for publication, by the end of the course. Category C is decided by the supervisor. Category B requires the approval of the chair of the doctoral board, i.e. the supervisor of the degree programme. Category A requires a decision of the doctoral board on the proposal of the supervisor. Further information on individual categories and their assessment is given here, including the rules for co-authored works: https://is.muni.cz/auth/el/law/podzim2020/DIPUB/index.qwarp The credit evaluation of a course is entered into the IS by the Department for Doctoral Studies on the basis of a request established by the student in the application of the IS "Document Office", after the opinion of the responsible persons (supervisor or programme guarantor). Even the registration of the course itself is done by the Department, after the request is made; the student does not have to register the course himself.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Credit evaluation note: Počet kreditů se odvíjí podle kategorie publikace: A=15, B=10, C=5. Kategorie vymezí oborová rada a zveřejní minimálně dva příklady publikace z každé kategorie. Student musí minimálně jednou za studium získat kredity za kategorii A nebo B.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Vyhodnocení provádí školitel. Pro přidělení kreditů za publikaci kategorie A se vyžaduje souhlas oborové rady.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2024/DIPUB