PrF:DSFRA1 French I - Course Information
DSFRA1 French IFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Kateřina Sedláčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Chudová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Kateřina Sedláčková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Law Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
- French for Lawyers, an examination in Legal French at another faculty of law or foreign university. Level B2-C1 ERR Course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 28 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the subject is acquirement of the professional language French. The student is required to have read French professional literature from the respective area of law in the extent of 150 pages at least. The topic is related to the particular specialization of the student. In order to get the 1st term credit the student is required to be able to draw up a simple text (e.g. dissertation resume, essay, overview of one´s dissertation), analysis and interpretation of documents and argumentation.
- Learning outcomes
- There is no teaching, only exam.
- Specialized topic according to the field of doctoral studies. The course focuses on the student’s professional specialization, with an emphasis on the topic of the dissertation, the problems of the discipline and the student’s professional fulfilment. 1. Reading professional texts in French related to the topic of the dissertation; in the extent of about 200 pages. 2. Presentation of the topic of the dissertation. 3. Discussions on the progress of the dissertation, the search of available literature, the outcomes and on the readings. 4. Written materials in French: a short survey of the readings, key terminology, a concise description of the topic of the dissertation
- Chovelon.B., Morsel.M.H.: Le résumé, Le Compte rendu, La synthese. PUG. Grenoble. ISBN 2 7061 1004 X
- Vincent J., Guillien R.: Lexique des termes juridiques. Dalloz. Paříž. 2001
- Teaching methods
- Independent study of specialized literature connected with the theme of doctoral thesis. Tutorials. Consultations with the examiner before the examination. Analysis and interpretation of documents. Discussions, information exchanges and argumentation.
- Assessment methods
- Verification of the competence of independent writing on the basis of: - a summary or an essay of the readings or thesis within the framework of doctoral studies (600 - 700 worlds) - list of the key terminology (50 terms) and a discussion about the Ph.D. project
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2022/DSFRA1