PrF:DSPVP03 Presentation and Pedagogical S - Course Information
DSPVP03 Presentation and Pedagogical SkillsFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. JUDr. Josef Kotásek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Bc. Markéta Štěpáníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Mgr. Michal Urban, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
JUDr. Ladislav Vyhnánek, Ph.D., LL.M. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Ing. Josef Šilhán, Ph.D.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 28 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to improve the presentation and pedagogical skills of the students so that they are able to present concisely, comprehensively, but engagingly the outputs of their scientific work in professional forums (typically at professional conferences), but also to teach the students. In addition, students should acquire the necessary knowledge of how to choose the appropriate form, structure, as well as the content of the presentation for the audience. They should acquire the skills needed in the preparation and during the presentation to maximize its success. The aim is to provide students with experience and examples of good practice in terms of presentation in professional forums as well as teaching with regard to preparation, appropriate structure, course itself, interaction with listeners or dealing with questions. The student should be acquainted with common mistakes and learn how to avoid them. The involvement of external specialists is expected.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student will:
- be familiar with the basic factors that influence the success or failure of a presentation,
- be familiar with the procedures for identifying the objective, the target group and, consequently, the appropriate structure, content and form of presentation,
- knowing what to focus on in preparation and presentation,
- identify frequent mistakes in presentation and guidance, and know how to avoid them,
- be familiar with the basic recommendations for effective teaching,
- know how to respond appropriately and inappropriately to questions during or after the presentation.
- - basic prerequisites for successful presentation
- - selecting the appropriate form, structure and content of the presentation for different audiences
- - Skills needed in preparation and presentation
- - examples of good practice in professional forums and teaching with
- - dealing with queries
- - critical situations
- - common mistakes and procedures to avoid them
- Elektronické materiály a zdroje doporučené lektory
- Teaching methods
- lectures, interactive discussions, demonstrations on examples, demonstration presentations and their analysis
- Assessment methods
- according to the lecturer's instructions - combination of continuous performance of tasks during active participation in lessons, incl. possible preparation of a sample presentation
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2022/DSPVP03