PrF:DSPVP06 Legal argumentation - Course Information
DSPVP06 Legal argumentationFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. JUDr. Tomáš Sobek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Tomáš Sobek, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Tomáš Sobek, Ph.D.
- No special prerequisites needed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims to acquaint students with the important issues of contemporary argumentation theory. Students will develop their practical ability of legal and moral reasoning. The course will include useful knowledge of logic, semantics, pragmatics, cognitive linguistics and behavioral economics. Theoretical knowledge will be illustrated on practical examples.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students will be able to: 1) critical thinking; 2) conscious structuring of one's own argumentation; 3) pregnant formulation of their thoughts; 4) sense for clarity 5) distinguishing between legally relevant and irrelevant components of argumentation 6) receptivity for fallacies 7) differentiation of value and factual components of argumentation 8) respect for the opponent 9) open mindedness 10) healthy skepticism to argumentation by authority
- 1) Logika of legal reasoning 2) Semantics of legal language 3) Pragmatics of legal argumentation 4) Efficiency of persuasion 5) Fallacies in legal argumentation
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussion, consultation
- Assessment methods
- active participation
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2023/DSPVP06