The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 44/30, only registered: 3/30
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
At the end of the course students should be able to:
• understand the core Intellectual Property issues in video games and virtual worlds;
• understand the copyright protection of creative elements beyond the code;
• have a basic knowledge about patent protection of video games;
• apply general rules of the trademark protection and protection of personality rights in respect of video games;
• interpret relevant legal decisions in all fields of Intellectual Property protection related to video-games.
Lecture 1: Introduction to Games and Interactive Entertainment Law, Contract and Regulation (90mins)
Lecture 2: Copyright 101
Lecture 3: Copyright Issues in video games & virtual worlds
Lecture 4: Copyright issues beyond the game
Lecture 5: Hybrids and Technological Protection Measures
Lecture 6: Patent & Trade Secrets
Lecture 7: Trade Marks
Lecture 8: Personality Rights
See Teacher's information for the full list.
interactive lecture, seminar
Language of instruction
Further comments (probably available only v češtině)