PrF:SOC016 General Theory of Law - Course Information
SOC016 General Theory of LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. JUDr. PhDr. Miloš Večeřa, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Mgr. Martin Škop, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Martin Hapla, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Michal Malaník, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ondřej Benc (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. PhDr. Miloš Večeřa, CSc.
Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
- Mon 23. 9. to Fri 20. 12. Wed 18:00–19:40 042
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: to give the set of knowledge that is necessary for the study of the branch of legal subjects; to master general legal terminology and the apprehension of legal thinking. The basic set of lectures will be aimed at the basic legal concepts and the system of law.
- 1. Defining law, system of law, system of legal sciences 2. Sources of law 3. Legal norm - definition, structure 4. Legal norm - system, features 5. Interpretation of law - methods, techniques 6. Realization of legal norms, defining legal relation 7. Prerequisites of legal relations - legal facts 8. Subjects and objects in legal relations 9. Authoritative application of law 10. Legal responsibility 11. Relation between state and law: defining legal state doctrine 12. Law and society, law as social regulative system
- KELSEN, Hans. Pure theory of law. Translated by Max Knight. 4th print. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2008. x, 356. ISBN 9781584775782. info
- HART, Herbert Lionel Adalphus. The concept of law [Clarendon Press, 1994]. Edited by Penelope A. Bulloch - Joseph Raz. 2. ed. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1994. xii, 315 s. ISBN 0-19-876122-8. info
- KELSEN, Hans. General theory of law and state. 2. print. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1949. xxxiii, 51. info
- Practical reason and norms. Edited by Joseph Raz. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1999. 220 s. ISBN 0198268343. info
- DWORKIN, Ronald M. Taking rights seriously. 3. print. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1977. xv, 295 s. ISBN 0-674-86710-6. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures with discussion
- Assessment methods
- Essay and written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2019/SOC016