PrF:MVV220K European Company Law - Course Information
MVV220K European Company LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Dr hab. Prof. UŚ Piotr Pinior (lecturer), doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Mateusz Żaba (lecturer), doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D. (deputy)
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Mgr. Věra Redrupová, B.A.
Supplier department: Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV220K/01: Mon 16. 4. 13:30–15:00 025, 15:05–16:35 025, Tue 17. 4. 13:30–15:00 025, Wed 18. 4. 15:05–16:35 025, Thu 19. 4. 13:30–15:00 025
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 24/30, only registered: 2/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main aim is to present the European legal acts concerning company law. At the end of the course students should be able to:
- present the structure of the European Company and the European Economic Interest Grouping as well as the provision of directives concerning exercising shareholders’ rights, national and cross-boarder merger of companies and division of companies;
- understand and explain the grounds for regulating company law issues on European level;
- interpret the provisions of regulations and directives concerning company law;
- make deductions based on acquired knowledge of European company law ;
- work with information on comparing European and national legal systems and create own conclusion in that respect.
- 1. The characteristic of the European regulation concerning Societas Europaea (SE)
- 2. Formation of the SE
- 3. Comparison of the monistic and dualistic system of the governing bodies in companies
- 4. Employees participation in the SE
- 5. European Economic Interest Grouping. Characteristic of the European regulation
- 6. Specific character of listed companies and exercising shareholders’ rights in the provisions of the Directive 2007/36/EC
- 7. National and cross-boarder merger of companies
- 8. Division of companies
- See Teacher's information for full details.
- Teaching methods
- Lecture. Discussion concerning selected issues
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2018/MVV220K