The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 30/30, only registered: 0/30
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
The main aim is to present the European legal acts concerning company law. At the end of the course students should be able to:
- present the structure of the European Company and the European Economic Interest Grouping as well as the provision of directives concerning exercising shareholders’ rights, national and cross-boarder merger of companies and division of companies;
- understand and explain the grounds for regulating company law issues on European level;
- interpret the provisions of regulations and directives concerning company law;
- make deductions based on acquired knowledge of European company law
- work with information on comparing European and national legal systems and create own conclusion in that respect.
1. The characteristic of the European regulation concerning Societas Europaea (SE)
2. Formation of the SE
3. Comparison of the monistic and dualistic system of the governing bodies in companies
4. Employees participation in the SE
5. European Economic Interest Grouping. Characteristic of the European regulation
6. Specific character of listed companies and exercising shareholders’ rights in the provisions of the Directive 2007/36/EC
7. National and cross-boarder merger of companies
8. Division of companies
See Teacher's information for full details.
Lecture. Discussion concerning selected issues
Language of instruction
Further comments (probably available only v češtině)
The course is taught only once.
The course is also listed under the following terms