PrF:MVV245K Constitutional Values - Course Information
MVV245K Importance of the Principle of the Protection of Constitutional Values of Member States in EU LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Dr Edyta Krzysztofik (lecturer), doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D. (deputy)
- doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D.
Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Mgr. Věra Redrupová, B.A.
Supplier department: Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV245K/01: Mon 12. 3. 9:35–11:05 025, 11:10–12:40 025, Tue 13. 3. 16:40–18:10 025, Thu 15. 3. 15:05–16:35 025, 16:40–18:10 025
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 23/30, only registered: 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, student should be able:
- to understand and explain the meaning of the principle of the respect for constitutional identity of the Member States;
- to understand the Interpretation of the concept of constitutional identity on the national level;
- to the Interpretation of the concept of constitutional identity on the EU level;
- to use knowledge to be able to decide when it is possible to use the principle of the respect for constitutional identity to limit freedoms of internal market.
- 1. The principle of the Protection of Constitutional identity of Member States in EU law
- 2. The principle of the Protection of Constitutional identity of Member States in the opinion of The Court of Justice:
- C 112/00 Eugen Schmidberger, Internationale Transporte und Planzüg p. Republice Autrii,
- C 36/02 Omega Spielhallen- und Automatenaufstellungs-GmbH przeciwko Oberbürgermeisterin der Bundesstadt Bonn 1,
- C 208/09 Ilonka Sayn-Wittgenstein przeciwko Landeshauptmann von Wien, C 473/93 Komisja v. Wielkie Księstwo Luksemburg, C 213/07 Michaniki AE.
- 3. The principle of the Protection of Constitutional Values of Member States in the opinion of the constitutional courts of Member States: Opinions of Polish Constitutional Court,
- Opinions of Federal Constitutional Courts.
- See Teacher’s Information for full details.
- Teaching methods
- Presentation, lessons with discussion
- Assessment methods
- To be announced.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2018/MVV245K