The course deals with the selected problems of the Czech criminal law.
Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
to learn basic infromation about the Czech criminal law, both Substantive and Procedural
to understand fundamental principles of Czech criminal law,
to understand the conception of a crime
to be able to administer criminal law provision to criminal cases
1. The role of criminal law in society, the functions of criminal
law, the position of criminal law in the system of law
2. Crime as the basis of criminal responsibility in the Czech
3. Amendments in the Czech criminal law since 1989
4. The system of penal sanctions in the Czech criminal law
5. The Czech prison system
6. Juvenile justice in the Czech republic
7.Probation and Mediation Service
8. Introduction to the Czech criminal procedure
9. The role and function of Public Prosecutor in the preliminary
10. The role and function of court in the criminal proceedings
11. Defence in criminal proceedings
12. Evidence proceedings
Lectures are held for a minimum of 5 students. With smaller number of students attending the course, lectures are replaced with tutorials.
Reading list will be given by the course co-ordinator at the fist lecture or tutorial.
The examination has a written and an oral part.
Examination - credit requirements:
1. Semester paper
2. Written test comprising Yes/No(True/False) or multiple choice questions
3. Discussion on the semester paper