PrF:SOC003 Public Administration in CR - Course Information
SOC003 Public Administration in the Czech RepublicFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- JUDr. Stanislav Kadečka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Lukáš Potěšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Soňa Skulová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Brož (assistant)
JUDr. Radislav Bražina (alternate examiner)
- doc. JUDr. Soňa Skulová, Ph.D.
Department of Administrative Studies and Administrative Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Ing. Michal Radvan, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Administrative Studies and Administrative Law - Faculty of Law
- each even Wednesday 12:00–13:40 042, each even Wednesday 14:00–15:40 042
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- After successful passing of the subject Public Administration in the Czech Republic the student: - knows basic theoretical and practical knowledge about the system of public administration in the Czech republic - knows about the basic signs and conditions of a modern public administration in the European administrative area - is able to explain the main principles of the realization of public administration in a democratic state governed by law - is able to make a comparison of the main organizational a functional principles of the administrative systems in particular states of Europe - is able to apply general information about the system of public administration in the Czech republic for the purposes of analyses and comparisons - is able to orientate himself in the system of legal regulation of the public administration in the Czech republic, knows about the procedures and decision making of the public administration in the Czech republic as well as about the legal guarantees in public administration - is able to explain the importance of the personal aspect and the basics of the legal regulation of the status of officials in the European legal area
- 1. Introduction to Administrative Law, Administrative Law Science and Administrative Science. Public Administration vs. Private Administration 2. Survey of history of Public Administration (especially in the Czech Republic) and Public Adminitration studies. Constitutional rudiments of Public Administration 3. Organizational principles of Public Administration 4. Public Administration organization in the Czech Republic. State administration, self-governmental bodies 5. Public Administration functioning and decision-making. Tasks and aims of Public Administration. 6. Constitutional rudiments of Public Adminsitration. Principles of Good Governance. 7. Administrative Law system. Sources of Adminsitrative Law. 8. Regions, Communities - their status, competences, organs and activities 9. Administrative Procedural Law 10. Legal guarentees in Public Administration 11. Judicial control 12. Other means of Public Administration control. Public Administration and information.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and seminars.
- Assessment methods
- Lectures are held for a minimum of 5 students. With smaller number of students attending the course, lectures are replaced with tutorials. Reading list will be given by the course co-ordinator at the fist lecture or tutorial. The examination has a written and an oral part. Examination - credit requirements: 1. Semester paper 2. Written test comprising Yes/No(True/False) or multiple choice questions 3. Discussion on the semester paper
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/spring2019/SOC003