LF:BDIP0221i Nursing Practice I - Course Information
BDIP0221i Individual Nursing Practice IFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/11/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Andrea Menšíková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dana Soldánová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marta Šenkyříková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Dana Soldánová
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. et Mgr. Andrea Menšíková
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BDOD0161i Nursing Practice I && BDPC011 Nursing process and human need
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Nurse (programme LF, B-OS) (2)
- Course objectives
- Individual Nursing Practice is a practical subject, which integrates knowledge from theory and practice of nursing, basic scientific disciplines, natural sciences, social and behavioral sciences. The course builds on Nursing Practice II provides consolidation and deepening of professional nursing knowledge and skills. The course is independent practical activity in the clinical departments of medical devices. The aim is to: - Training, acquisition and consolidation of professional activities on the implementation of the nursing process in natural conditions of medical practice, - Realization of individual nursing care based on understanding the bio-psycho-social and spiritual needs of the patient, - The establishment of nursing diagnoses based on NANDA taxonomy, objectives and plans of nursing care, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, - Formation of professional features General nurses, - Application of theoretical knowledge to specific situations medical practice, - Realization creative approach to solving problems in medical practice.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
to manage the operation of the nursing unit, the schedule of the work, the way of keeping the medical and nursing documentation;
to use nursing and health records and to record changes in the status of patients and activities performed according to the student's competencies;
to participate in comprehensive care of patients in cooperation with other healthcare professionals;
communicate within a multidisciplinary team;
apply the nursing process;
measure and evaluate vital functions;
remove biological material;
to administer all forms of medicine;
prepare transfusion preparations and blood derivatives for administration;
apply oxygen and inhalation;
to prepare aids and assist in attaching immobilization bandages, external fixators, orthoses, plasters;
perform septic and aseptic wound dressing;
take care of the bucket.
- Individual Nursing Practice I foster and develop nursing activities and skills. Students provide comprehensive nursing care under the expert guidance of a mentor. Work in three shifts on wards. Practice takes place in the summer months (July and August) in designated clinical work, the range is set at 160 hours. Clinical workplace: University Hospital Brno-Bohunice: Internal Cardiology Medicine, Department of Neurology, Department of Internal Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine, Department of Infectious Diseases, Department of Orthopedic Surgery.
- required literature
- JUŘENÍKOVÁ, Petra, Andrea POKORNÁ, Miroslava KYASOVÁ, Jana STRAKOVÁ, Hana PINKAVOVÁ, Michaela SCHNEIDEROVÁ, Marta ŠENKYŘÍKOVÁ, Olga JANÍKOVÁ and Simona SAIBERTOVÁ. Logbook : pro odbornou ošetřovatelskou praxi (Logbook : for Professional Nursing Practice). 2., přeprac. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 207 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7108-7. info
- BEHARKOVÁ, Natália and Dana SOLDÁNOVÁ. Základy ošetřovatelských postupů a intervencí (Basics of Nursing Procedures and Interventions). 2. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2019. Elportál. ISBN 978-80-210-9313-3. PURL url epub html info
- POKORNÁ, Andrea, Alena KOMÍNKOVÁ, Andrea MENŠÍKOVÁ and Marta ŠENKYŘÍKOVÁ. Ošetřovatelské postupy založené na důkazech (Nursing procedures based on evidence). 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2019. ISBN 978-80-210-9297-6. info
- POKORNÁ, Andrea, Alena KOMÍNKOVÁ and Nikola SIKOROVÁ. Ošetřovatelské postupy založené na důkazech. 2. díl (Nursing skills - based on evidence. Vol. II). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 171 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7415-6. info
- recommended literature
- MAREČKOVÁ, Jana. Ošetřovatelské diagnózy v NANDA doménách. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2006. 264 s. ISBN 8024713993. info
- Teaching methods
- clinical practice
- Assessment methods
- Conditions for successful completion of the course: - 100% participation in placements - Execution of orders mentor - Seminary work. The course is terminated credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Předmět si zapisují pouze studenti, kteří nemají osvědčení k výkonu povolání bez odborného dohledu.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 160.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/BDIP0221i