LF:BHNP011p Tools and mater.in dent.-lec. - Course Information
BHNP011p Tools, equipment, materials and medicaments in dentistry - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Bc. Petra Bielczyková (lecturer)
Bc. Beatrice Bogarová (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Department of Dental Care - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Stanislava Grůzová
Supplier department: Department of Dental Care - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 10:00–11:40 KOM S116
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Dental Hygienist (programme LF, B-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint the student with dental instruments, instrumentation and equipment of the surgery, materials used as well as principles of preparation and storage of materials and pharmaceuticals.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are able to identify devices, instruments and materials that are used in dental office. Students can explain the function of all devices and instruments, to use them properly. Students are able able to prepare dental materials and také care for medicaments.
- Dental mmaterials - main and auxilliary
- Filling materials - temporary and permanent
- Impression materials
- Materials and medicaments for endodontics
- Principles of proper handling and storage of dental materials
- . Instruments - for investigation, praparation, filling and impression
- . Devices in dental office – dental unit, sterilizators, amalgamators, polymerization units, mixing machine for impression materials, ultrasound devices, intraoral x-ray devices
- . Equipment for the first aid
- required literature
- MAZÁNEK, Jiří and František URBAN. Stomatologické repetitorium. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2003. 455 s. ISBN 8071698245. info
- recommended literature
- 2. Bittner J.,Sedláček J.: Technologie pro zubní laboranty, Avicenum Praha 1979
- 3. Chlanová A.: Vybrané kapitoly ze stomatologické propedeutiky. Protetická část. 1997, Karolinum Praha
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2018/BHNP011p