LF:BOFA031c Bases of Pharmacology - p - Course Information
BOFA031c Bases of Pharmacology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.5/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Zuzana Babinská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Ladislava Bartošová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Eva Gospošová (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. MVDr. Leoš Landa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Matej Ľupták (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Merhautová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kristýna Nosková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Přibyl Dovrtělová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Jana Rudá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petra Řiháčková, MBA (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Lenka Součková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Strakošová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tibor Štark (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- BKBC011p Biochemistry -lec && BOFY0222p Physiology II-lec. && BKLT011 Medical Latin && BKHI021p Histology - lec.
BKBC011p && BOFY0222p && BKLT011 && BKHI021p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to offer the basic pharmacological knowledge about specific drug groups used in selected diseases and inform the student about the important legislation related to drugs and basic prescription rules. Emphasis is given to practical use of the pharmacological theoretical knowledge about the main antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and anti-glaucoma drugs used in ophthalmology, so that the student was able to search independently for relevant information on drugs in reliable sources, including the therapeutic and adverse drug effects and potential drug-drug interactions.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will know the basic pharmacological principles and factors influencing drug actions. The student will know the principles of drug prescription and will be able to work with the valid sources of information about drugs. The student will know the main antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and anti-glaucoma drugs used in ophthalmology.
- 1st practial: Drug dosage forms and application routes. Pharmacological calculations. Drug information sources (SUKL, EMA, Pharmacopoea, AISLP). Drug prescription rules.
- 2nd practical: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Targeted ("Biological") therapy in ophthalmology. Glucocorticoids and immunosuppressants. Antihistamine drugs.
- 3rd practical: Pharmacotherapy of glaucoma, mydriatic, miotic agents. Local anaesthetics in ophthalmology.
- 4th practical: Antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic agents. Credits.
- required literature
- MÁCHALOVÁ, Alena, Zuzana BABINSKÁ, Jan JUŘICA, Gabriela DOVRTĚLOVÁ, Hana KOSTKOVÁ, Leoš LANDA, Jana MERHAUTOVÁ, Kristýna NOSKOVÁ, Tibor ŠTARK, Katarína TABIOVÁ, Jana PISTOVČÁKOVÁ a Ondřej ZENDULKA. Farmakologie pro studenty bakalářských oborů na LF MU. 2
- recommended literature
- Textbook recommended for English speaking students (selected chapters according to the syllabus) RANG, H. P. Rang & Dale's pharmacology. 8th ed. [Edinburgh]: Churchill Livingstone, 2016. xv, 760. ISBN 9780702053627
- MARTÍNKOVÁ, Jiřina. Farmakologie pro studenty zdravotnických oborů. 2., zcela přeprac. a doplň. Praha: Grada, 2014. ISBN 9788024713564. info
- SLÍVA, Jiří and Martin VOTAVA. Farmakologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Triton, 2011. 394 s. ISBN 9788073875008. info
- not specified
- RANG, H. P. Rang & Dale's pharmacology. 8th ed. [Edinburgh]: Churchill Livingstone, 2016. xv, 760. ISBN 9780702053627. info
- LÜLLMANN, Heinz, Klaus MOHR and Lutz HEIN. Barevný atlas farmakologie. Translated by Maxmilián Wenke, Illustrated by Jürgen Wirth. Vyd. 4., české. Praha: Grada, 2012. xiv, 366. ISBN 9788024739083. info
- Teaching methods
- Students are provided with the pharmacology teacher presentation on the topic stated in curriculum followed by discussion. Video-programmes are used to demonstrate pharmacological principles and experiments related to the topic.
- Assessment methods
- During the studying the student has to prove active knowledge of pharmacology acquired to get the credit. The 100% presence at practicals is required. An absence can be substituted by a written assay related to the topic. In this case, the student will be shortly examined from the topic.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses