LF:MFCH0822 Surgery II - Course Information
MFCH0822 Surgery IIFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kala, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Mgr. Petr Kysela, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Podlaha, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Jindřich Vomela, CSc., LL.M. (lecturer)
Blanka Dvořáčková (assistant)
Eva Kysilková (assistant)
MUDr. Vladimír Procházka, Ph.D. (assistant)
Hana Půčková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Kala, CSc.
Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Tomáš Svoboda
Supplier department: Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 12:00–13:40 N01008
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MFCH0721 Surgery I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme LF, N-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- Surgery is essential medical field. The aim of the subject is to gain elementary knowledge in surgery. In frames of lectures and seminars stress is put on appropriate identification of the problems of the surgical patients causes, signs, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in selected, most commonly presented diseases, emergencies, shock conditions and trauma, which are basic pillar of the subject , and important aspect for understanding of the surgical patients needs.
The content of the studies will be targeted to basic and specific nurceing care in surgical patients (examination mathods, treatment procedures, pre-operative and post-operative care, education, special care of the drains, management of acute and chronic wounds and stomies). The part of the curriculum is understand contens of the work of the surgical department, out patient and bed care, its sequence and cooperation with General practitioners, and workplaces of other specialities.
Upon the completion of the course student will be able to identify the signs of particular diseases and in frames of his specialisation to therapeuticly intervene. Will be able, in acute conditions, to offer qualified first aid. The curriculum is conceived as deepening and expanding in relation to Magister studies contens.
- Abdominal emergencies – division
- Abdominal emergencies – inflammatory origin and obstructive conditions
- Trauma of the locomotional apparatus – basic nomenclature
- Fracture classification, the principals of fractures treatment
- Haemothorax, pneumothorax, injury to the chest
- Trauma of the skeleton of upper and lower extremity
- Urologic tumours, inflammatory urologic diseases, urolithiasis
- Burns – nomenclature, treatment principals
- Orthopedy – subject definition, prosthesis
- Craniocerebral injury
- Pre-operative care
- Anesthesia – modalities, nomenclature
- General anesthesia
- Pain control problems
- Wound types – nomenclature, the methods of heeling
- Cardiac surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Thyroid gland
- The breast gland diseases
- Surgery of the lungs and mediastinum
- Surgical diseases of the colon and rectum
- Gastroduodenal Surgery, ulcer disease
- Diseases of the panreas and spleen
- Diseases of the bile dicts and gall bladder
- Liver Surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery – laparoscopy, thoracoscopy
- VODIČKA, Josef. Speciální chirurgie. 2., dopl. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2014. 317 s. ISBN 9788024625126. info
- ZEMAN, Miroslav and Zdeněk KRŠKA. Chirurgická propedeutika. Třetí, přepracované a do. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. 512 stran. ISBN 9788024737706. info
- VALENTA, Jiří. Základy chirurgie. 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2007. 277 s. ISBN 9788024613444. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
Credit evaluation note: za celý předmět 1 kredit.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/MFCH0822