LF:MFDP081p Diploma Thesis - Introduction - Course Information
MFDP081p Diploma Thesis - IntroductionFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- prof. MUDr. Petr Dobšák, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Jarmila Siegelová, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Leona Dunklerová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jarmila Siegelová, DrSc.
Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Leona Dunklerová
Supplier department: Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Wed 3. 3. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 10. 3. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 17. 3. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 24. 3. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 31. 3. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 7. 4. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 14. 4. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 21. 4. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 28. 4. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 5. 5. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 12. 5. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 19. 5. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 26. 5. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 2. 6. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409, Wed 9. 6. 13:00–13:50 KOM 409
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MFKI074p Kinesiotherapy I-lec.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme LF, N-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is the preparation of diploma thesis in the field of physiotherapy and therapeutic rehabilitation. Students will be acquainted with the basics of physiotherapeutic knowledge gained from proven evidence-based objective studies, methodology of scientific knowledge, presentation of new knowledge, possibilities of their study and presentations in world literature. Each student is able to create an introduction to the achieved knowledge in the area of solved problems, under the leadership to set the goals of the diploma thesis, to describe the methodological procedures of the solution of the given issue, to collect the results based on their own work; the student develops and submits the thesis project and individual consent.
- Course of preparation and topics of diploma thesis. Scientific research work of the training team from the Department of Physiotherapy.
- Structure of the work: Introduction. Investigated persons and methodology. Results. Discussion. Conclusions. Summary. List of used literature and sources (bibliographic citation).
- Basic research methods and their use. Empirical data processing. Using statistical methods.
- Getting acquainted with the possibilities of literature search, research, electronic databases and the possibility of their use in the medical library. Use of the Internet and specialized databases and archives in the MU information system during the dissertation work.
- Formal modification and elaboration of the diploma thesis, evaluation of the research.
- required literature
- PLACHETA, Zdeněk, Zuzana DERFLEROVÁ BRÁZDOVÁ, Miroslava KYASOVÁ, Ivan MÜLLER, Libor PÁČ, Jarmila SIEGELOVÁ, Svatopluk SYNEK and František ZAJÍČEK. Pokyny pro vypracování magisterské diplomové práce (Instruction for elaboration of diploma thesis). 2nd ed. Brno: Muni Pressd, 2010. 41 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5172-0. info
- recommended literature
- LAW, Mary C. and Joy MACDERMID. Evidence-based rehabilitation : a guide to practice. 2nd revised ed. Thorofare: Slack, 2008. x, 434. ISBN 9781556427688. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- preparation and submission of the thesis project and its approval by the Head of Department or his representative
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/MFDP081p