LF:STBF011p Biophysics - Course Information
STBF011p BiophysicsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: RZk (examination).
- MUDr. Lenka Forýtková, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Ivo Hrazdira, DrSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Vojtěch Mornstein, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jiřina Škorpíková, CSc. (alternate examiner), MUDr. Lenka Forýtková, CSc. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Vojtěch Mornstein, CSc.
Department of Biophysics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Common level of high school knowledge in physics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL)
- Introduction into medical biophysics.
- 1. Introduction. Biophysical view on structure of matter.
- 2. Biological effects of ionising radiation.
- 3. Thermodynamic principles and entropy.
- 4. Thermodynamic processes in living organisms.
- 5. Introduction into molecular biophysics I (subject of study).
- 6. Introduction into molecular biophysics II (methods of study).
- 7. Biophysics of biomembranes. Bioelectric phenomena.
- 8. Biophysics of cardiovascular system.
- 9. Biophysics of respiratory system.
- 10. Biophysical function of sensory receptors. Biophysics of hearing.
- 11. Biophysics of vision.
- 12. Effects of mechanical forces and acoustic fields on the living organisms.
- 13. Biological effects of electromagnetic fields and non-ionising radiation.
- 14. Introduction into biocybernetics and modelling.
- 15. Free theme.
- Physical principles of medical technology.
- 1. Medicine and technology. Biosignals and their processing.
- 2. Conventional X-ray imaging methods.
- 3. Modern tomographic methods (CT, MRI).
- 4. Radionuclide diagnostics.
- 5. Methods and instruments for ionising radiation therapy.
- 6. Measurement and registration of temperature.
- 7. Optical laboratory instruments.
- 8. Optical diagnostic instruments.
- 9. Electrodiagnostic methods.
- 10. Ultrasound imaging.
- 11. Ultrasound Doppler and duplex methods.
- 12. Measurement and registration of mechanical quantities.
- 13. Methods and instruments used in physiotherapy.
- 14. Modern physical methods in surgery. Lithotripsy.
- 15. Artificial body organs.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2005/STBF011p