LF:aVLAN0121c Anatomy I - dis. - Course Information
aVLAN0121c Anatomy I - dissectionFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1.3/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Karolína Bretová (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Petr Dubový, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Veronika Dzetkuličová, MSc., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivana Hradilová Svíženská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Marek Joukal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Vojtěch Karvay (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Erik Kročka (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Lucie Kubíčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Klaudia Lakatosová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Kateřina Manová Kubíčková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zuzana Musilová (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Ivana Pračková (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Michaela Račanská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Vargová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Kateřina Vymazalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Dana Procházková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Marek Joukal, Ph.D.
Department of Anatomy - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Marek Joukal, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Anatomy - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main aims of this course are:
-acquire basic abilities for tissue preparation
-find anatomical structures on the extremities and back using anatomical dissection
-connect theoretical knowledge of the structures on the extremities and back with their real composition
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to:
1. Recognize and describe all components (bones, joints, muscles, vessels and nerves) of the upper and lower extremities, and back
2. Identify and describe topographical regions on the extremities and the back
3. Practically demonstrate all anatomical structures of studied regions
4. Review arrangement of layers from the superficial to deep in all regions of the upper and lower limbs and back
5. Distinguish abnormalities of the prosections.
- 1st day: back - skin incisions, subcutis, innervation, blood supply; UL - reg. deltoideoscapularis, dissection of the arm; LL - reg. glutea; reg. femoris ant.
- 2nd day: back - dissection of the trapezius, latissimus dorsi; UL - completion of the dissection of the arm; reg. antebrachii, skin, subcutic, superficial muscles; LL - reg. femoris post., reg. cruris.
- 3rd day: back - dissection of the rhomboids, levator scapulae, erector spinae; UL - completion of the dissection of the forearm; palma manus; LL - completion of the dissection of the crus; dorsum pedis;
- 4th day: back - dissection of the splenius, semispinalis, mm. serrati; mm. nuchae profundi, trigonum suboccipitale, mm. multifidi; UL - completion of the dissection of the palma manus; dorsum manus; LL - planta pedis
- 5th day: Demonstration of the dissected regions
- recommended literature
- DUBOVÝ, Petr. Instructions for anatomical dissection course. 3rd ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 71 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6202-3. info
- DRAKE, Richard L., Wayne VOGL and Adam W. M. MITCHELL. Gray's anatomy for students. Third edition. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone, 2015. xxv, 1161. ISBN 9780702051319. info
- HRADILOVÁ SVÍŽENSKÁ, Ivana, Michaela RAČANSKÁ and Petr DUBOVÝ. Anatomy. Handbook of Splanchnology and Angiology. 2. dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2018. 154 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6771-4. info
- HRADILOVÁ SVÍŽENSKÁ, Ivana, Michaela RAČANSKÁ and Petr DUBOVÝ. Anatomy. Peripheral Nervous System. 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2018. ISBN 978-80-210-8993-8. info
- PÁČ, Libor, Ladislava HORÁČKOVÁ and Hana NECHUTOVÁ. Anatomy of human locomotor system. 3. dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2019. 119 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5258-1. info
- GILROY, Anne Marie. Atlas of anatomy. ?, 2016. ISBN 9781626232525. info
- STINGL, Josef, Miloš GRIM and Rastislav DRUGA. Regional anatomy. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2012. 123 s. ISBN 9788024621159. info
- not specified
- KACHLÍK, David and Ondřej VOLNÝ. Memorix anatomy : comprehensive book of human anatomy in English and Latin. Illustrated by Radovan Hudák - Jan Balko - Simona Felšőová - Šárka Zaváza. 1st edition. Praha: Triton, 2015. xvii, 610. ISBN 9788073879501. info
- Teaching methods
- Anatomical dissection of the human body
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 20.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- The completion of the course is assessed by the course-unit credit. A precondition for obtaining the course-unit credit is 100% attendance and demonstration of the basic knowledge during an examination at the close of the dissection course. When 100% attendance could not be fulfilled due to an illness (medical confirmation required) the dissection course has to be substituted to full extent during the second week of the examination period of the semester. The results of the examination will be included in the results of the practical part of the final examination in Anatomy. A minimum of 6 out of 10 possible points (grade E) in the examination at the end of the course is required for fulfillment. For unsuccessful students, a resit date will be offered (involved in the final exam date). A student has to wear the face mask, lab coat, disposable gloves and plastic shoe covers, use the dressing forceps 14.5 or 16 cm long, and scalpel handle No. 4 with scalpel blades No. 23 or 21.