LF:BOZP0521c Magnifying Visual Devices I-p - Course Information
BOZP0521c Magnifying Visual Devices I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Hana Došková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Zuzana Hlinomazová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Hana Došková, Ph.D.
Department of Ophthalmology - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Anna Petruželková
- Thu 8:00–9:50 N16190
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Optometry (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- Number of congenital or acquired diseases of the eye cause serious persistent loss of visual acuity without any possibility of medicamentous or surgical treatment. In these cases physicians in ophthalmology, in conjunction with experts in optics and optometry, recommend making of special magnifying tools. Content of study of the object "Magnifying tools" is inform students about essential types of these optical tools, indication of use and their adverse effect. Study is completed by possibility of examine and practical application of any types of magnifying tools.
- Introduction Evaluation of visually handicaped Causes of permanent visual disability Evaluation of visual acuity Selection and option of magnifying tools Tools for visually handicapped Adverse effect of magnifying tools Types of magnifying tools Magnifying lenses Bifocal magnifying glasses Overcorrection glasses Telescopic spectacles Prismatic telescopic spectacles Turmon - monocular magnifying tools Prismatic magnifying lenses and spectacles for persons with normal visual acuity TV zoom
- Kraus, H. a kol.: Kompendium očního lékařství. Grada
- Rutrle, M.: Přístrojová technika - učební text pro oční optiky
- HRACHOVINA, Václav and Hana DOŠKOVÁ. Zvětšovací pomůcky : učební texty pro studující optometrie (Magnifying devices). 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 1998. 21 pp. ISBN 80-210-1854-2. info
- Assessment methods
- practice, credit
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses