LF:MFGP071 Gynecology - Course Information
MFGP071 GynecologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. MUDr. Vít Unzeitig, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Romana Gerychová (lecturer)
MUDr. Petr Janků, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Vít Unzeitig, CSc.
Department of Midwifery and Paramedics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Zdeňka Kroupová
Supplier department: Department of Midwifery and Paramedics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 12:30–14:10 N03520
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology course involves the supervision and appropriate intervention during, normal and complicated pregnancy and delivery, as well as the recognition, prevention, management and surveillance of diseases affecting reproductive health in women. The course gives students understanding and basic knowledge in epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and prevention of common problems in obstetrics and gynecology; reproductive health matters, including family planning, infertility and maternal care, emphasizing wellness and prevention in addition to treatment of disease.
- The course graduate is expected to have fair knowledge in the following fields:
- OBSTERICS Physiological changes during pregnancy. Antenatal care. Drugs use during pregnancy and lactation. Abortion. Ectopic pregnancy. Hypertension in pregnancy Eclampsia Diabetes in pregnancy. Anaemia in pregnancy. Bleeding disorders with pregnancy. Multiple pregnancy. Normal labour. Analgesia & anaesthesia in labour. Breech presentation. Rupture uterus. Antepartum hemorrhage (Placenta previa ) Antepartum hemorrhage (Abruptio placentae ). Puerperium. Prematurity. R.H. Factor Fetal birth injurie. Perinatal asphyxia. Maternal and perinatal mortality. Prenatal diagnosis.
- GYNAECOLOGY Embryology and malformations of the female genital tract. Puberty. Climacteric and HRT. Dysmenorrhoea, premenstrual syndroma. Amenorrhoea. Infertility, assisted reproduction. Sexually Transmitted diseases. Tumours of genitalia. Endometriosis. Urinary incontinence. Contraception, hormonal treatment. Postmenopause.
- KUDELA, Milan. Základy gynekologie a porodnictví : pro posluchače lékařské fakulty. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého, 2004. 273 s. ISBN 8024408376. info
- ROZTOČIL, Aleš. Porodnictví. Brno: IDVPZ, 2001. info
- ROB, Lukáš, Alois MARTAN and Karel CITTERBART. Gynekologie. 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2008. xxiv, 319. ISBN 9788072625017. info
- Teaching methods
- Gynecology and obstetrics according syllabus with video presentions, topics are consulted with students. Active work with documentation. Teaching schedule includes theoretical session, teaching and learning with students formative assessment of clinical case.
- Assessment methods
- Lectures. Oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.