LF:VSFP091 Physiology and path of newborn - Course Information
VSFP091 Physiology and pathology of newbornFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Milena Burianová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Doležel, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Tomáš Juren (lecturer)
MUDr. Magdalena Rohanová (lecturer)
Veronika Bradáčková (assistant)
Libuše Darmovzalová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Doležel, CSc.
Department of Pediatrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Magdalena Rohanová
Supplier department: Department of Pediatrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLPD7X31c Pediatrics-practice
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 10 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/10, only registered: 0/10
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Pediatric is focused on diagnostic,treatment and prevention in childhood.There are specific conditions in childhood,different diagnostic tools and specific care. After the participation in the course students will be able to evaluate and summarize the state of the newborn after the delivery, during the transitional period perfom the basic screenings, uderstand the impact of congenital and inherited diseases on children and their families. The target of the lectures is improve knowledge of the students of most frequent disorders, basic diagnostic approach and therapeutical procedures in pediatrics.
- Learning outcomes
- The student has knowledge of the origin, course, treatment and prognosis of the most common childhood diseases. The student is able to define risk factors that threaten the healthy development of the child.
- Organization of neonatology and perinatology. Physiology of newborn and adaptation changes of systems related to birth. Observation of newborn, morphological and functional characteristics. .Newborn with low birth weight. Perinatal injuries.Immature newborn. Hypotrophic and overmature newborn. Newborn nutrition. Newborn with serious congenital defects. Asphactic newborn. Newborn with bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Most frequent hereditary diseases. Neonatal screening. Age groups, growth and development of the child. Disorder of respiratory tract, GIT, cardiovascular, hematologic disorder, neoplastic disease, endrocrine disorder, diabetes, inborn errors of metabolism, allergic disorders, immunodeficiency, infection in chidren.
- recommended literature
- Neonatalogy : management, procedures, on-call problems, diseases, and drugs. Edited by Tricia Lacy Gomella. 4th ed. New York: Lange Medical Books/McGraw-Hill, 1999. xx, 698. ISBN 0838516157. info
- not specified
- LEBL, Jan, Jan JANDA, Petr POHUNEK and Jan STARÝ. Klinická pediatrie. Druhé vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2014. xix, 698. ISBN 9788024626970. info
- JANOTA, Jan and Zbyněk STRAŇÁK. Neonatologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Mladá fronta, 2013. 575 s. ISBN 9788020429940. info
- LEBL, Jan, Kamil PROVAZNÍK and Ludmila HEJCMANOVÁ. Preklinická pediatrie. 2., přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2007. 248 s. ISBN 9788072624386. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction