LF:AOBFp General Biophysics - Course Information
AOBFp general BiophysicsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Vojtěch Mornstein, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jiřina Škorpíková, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Daniel Vlk, CSc. (lecturer)
Marta Vágnerová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Vojtěch Mornstein, CSc.
Department of Biophysics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Marta Vágnerová
Supplier department: Department of Biophysics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 9:20–11:00 A11/334
- Common level of high school knowledge in physics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Biomedicínská technika a bioinformatika (programme LF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students will understand and explain biophysical principles and laws; evaluate data obtained by the basic biophysical methods in light of a scientific, effective, safe and efficient attitude to their use; understand possible usage of the biophysical techniques and medical devices in practice; explain basic principles of the so-called physiological biophysics and (in certain extent) the theory and methods of molecular biophysics.
- 1. Introduction. Biophysical view on structure of matter. 2. Biological effects of ionising radiation. 3. Introduction into molecular biophysics I (subject of study). 4. Introduction into molecular biophysics II (methods of study). 5. Biophysics of biomembranes. Bioelectric phenomena. 6. Biophysics of cardiovascular system. 7. Biophysics of respiratory system. 8. Biophysical function of sensory receptors. Biophysics of hearing. 9. Biophysics of vision. 10. Effects of mechanical forces and acoustic fields on the living organisms. 11.Biological effects of electromagnetic fields and non-ionising radiation. Methods and instruments used in physiotherapy. 12. Optical laboratory instruments. 13. Optical diagnostic instruments. 14. Modern physical methods in surgery. Lithotripsy. 15. Artificial body organs. Nanotechnology in medicine.
- recommended literature
- MORNSTEIN, Vojtěch, Ivo HRAZDIRA and Aleš BOUREK. Lékařská fyzika a informatika : (se zaměřením na zubní lékařství). [1. vydání]. Brno: Neptun, 2007. 352 stran. ISBN 9788086850023. info
- HRAZDIRA, Ivo and Vojtěch MORNSTEIN. Lékařská biofyzika a přístrojová technika. Dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: NEPTUN, 2004. 381 s. ISBN 8090289614. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- The practical exercises in Biophysics are compulsory, missing practicals have to be substituted. The exam has theoretical character but can be done only with the credits gained for practicals. The exam consists of written test consisting of 25 questions and oral part, which can be done only when the number of correctly answered questions is 14 or more. This limit is lowered to 11 in the last exam resit. The oral part consists of 2 questions as a rule. They are chosen from the list which is available in department web page. The examined student has to be able to explain the problems and characterise their possible clinical importance.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.