LF:VSCJ0888 Czech for Foreigners VIII -p - Course Information
VSCJ0888 Czech Language for Foreigners VIII - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jarmila Šafránková (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Magdalena Pintarová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Punčochář (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Jana Vyorálková (assistant)
- PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Mgr. Veronika Dvořáčková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Language Centre
- VSCJ0787 Czech for Foreigners VII -p
General Czech at the A2/B1 CEFR level. The knowledge of specialist discipline-specific vocabulary covered in the aVLCJ0787 Czech Language for Foreigners VII course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the tuition is working knowledge of the Czech language on the B1/B2 level of the "Common European Framework of Reference" (CEFR)(Independent User) checked by an examination. The main aim of the course Czech for Foreigners is to teach students communicate with patients in Czech without any help of English speaking doctors or interpreters and independently write case history. The seminars concentrate on practising thematic doctor-patients dialogues and specialised medical terminology.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to
-take hematological, rheumatological, gynecological/obstetrical, neurological and psychiatric history
-use practical medical vocabulary
-apply medical language in doctor-patient and doctor-nursing staff communication;
-interpret medical texts (casuistry, report)
-present and discuss specialized topics.
- Czech for Foreigners VIII
- 1st week: Revision lesson (Urology, Ophtalmology, ORL, Orthopedics, Surgery). Grammar: Revision of Declension in Singular.
- 2nd week: Conversation: ZDRAVÍ A ŽIVOTNÍ STYL. Medical Czech: HEMATOLOGY I (TM 27). Grammar: Revision of Declension in Plural.
- 3rd week: Medical Czech: HEMATOLOGY II. Grammar: Modal verbs (incl. negative forms). Modal verb "mít". Modal expressions.
- 4th week: Conversation: CO BYCH DĚLAL/A, KDYBYCH NESTUDOVAL/A V BRNĚ? Medical Czech: RHEUMATOLOGY I (TM 28). Grammar: ABY and KDYBY clauses.
- 5th week: PROGRESS TEST 1. Medical Czech: RHEUMATOLOGY II (http://mluvtecesky.net/en/courses/medical2/10/1). Grammar: Bolí mě, líbí se mi ( Dative and accusative object-centred constructions). ().
- 6th week: Conversation: MOJE MĚSTO A BRNO. Medical Czech: ENDOCRINOLOGY I (TM 29). Grammar: Revision of comparison (adjectives, adverbs). Verbs from adjectives.
- 7th week: Medical Czech: ENDOCRINOLOGY II. Grammar:The declension of interrogative/indefinite/negative pronouns KDO and CO, NĚKDO and NĚCO, NIKDO and NIC.
- 8th week: Conversation: CESTOVÁNÍ. Medical Czech: GYNECOLOGICAL AND OBSTETRICAL HISTORY I (TM 30). Grammar: Reflexive verbs (se, si).
- 9th week: PROGRESS TEST 2. Medical Czech: OBSTETRICS II(http://mluvtecesky.net/en/courses/medical3/4/1).
- 10th week: Conversation: KAM BYCH VZAL/A RODIČE, KDYBY PŘIJELI NA NÁVŠTĚVU DO ČR? Medical Czech: NEUROLOGICAL HISTORY I (TM 31).
- 11th week: Medical Czech: NEUROLOGY II(http://mluvtecesky.net/en/courses/medical3/8/1-11). Grammar: Pluralia tantum.
- 12th week: PROGRESS TEST 3 (ORAL). Conversation: MOJE STUDIUM V BRNĚ. Medical Czech: PSYCHIATRIC EXAMINATION I(TM 35). Grammar: Verbal nouns.
- 13th week: Medical Czech: PSYCHIATRY II(http://mluvtecesky.net/en/courses/medical3/9/1).Grammar: Conjuctions and linking words (revision).
- 14th week: Final revision. Verbs with prepositions in use.
- 15th week: Final Written Exam.
- required literature
- ČERMÁKOVÁ, Iveta. Talking Medicine: Czech for Medical Students. 1. vyd. Praha: Eurolex Bohemia, 2006. 217 pp. ISBN 80-86861-12-0. info
- Rešková, Ivana a kol. How to take a patient's history. Brno: CJV MU 2015.
- recommended literature
- HOLÁ, Lída and Pavla BOŘILOVÁ. Česky krok za krokem 2. 1. vyd. Praha: Akropolis, 2009. ISBN 978-80-86903-92-7. URL info
- HOLÁ, Lída, Petra BULEJČÍKOVÁ a Silvie PŘEVRÁTILOVÁ. Česky krok za krokem 1: pracovní sešit 13-24. 1. vydání. Praha: Akropolis, 2017. 160 stran. ISBN 9788074701344.
- Teaching methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical courses. The following teaching methods are used: class discussion, roleplay, work in groups, reading, listening, writing HW (including Projects), word study.
- Assessment methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical courses. The students' presence in these courses is strictly required; a maximum of two unexcused absences is tolerated. Students are allowed to substitute a maximum of TWO classes with another group. Substitutions are not possible in the weeks when Progress Test take place. Students must inform the teacher of the group in which they intend to substitute their missed class in writing in advance. If they fail to do so, they will not be allowed to attend the class. If a student has more than two unexcused absences, they will not be allowed to take the Final test. The tuition is finished by by an end-of-term examination consisting of a WRITTEN and an ORAL part. Passing the examination is conditioned by proper attendance, ACTIVE PARTICIPATION in practical courses, sitting for Progress Tests and successful passing of written and oral exams. The basic limit for passing all tests is 70%. In case of passing three class tests (3%, 3%, 4%) which are obligatory for all students, the basic limit in the written exam is reduced by 10%. Without successful passing the written exam students will not be allowed to sit for the oral part! Students who score a minimum of 90% in EACH progress test are not obliged to take the written part of Final exam. Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam by awarding grade "F" in the Information System.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
Credit evaluation note: kredity B.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2019/VSCJ0888