LF:BLAM061c Anal. and Data Manag. - pract. - Course Information
BLAM061c Analysis and Data Management for Healthcare Specialisation - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Jiří Jarkovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Danka Haruštiaková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Michaela Gregorovičová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D.
Institute of Biostatistics and Analyses - Other Departments for Educational and Scientific Research Activities - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Institute of Biostatistics and Analyses - Other Departments for Educational and Scientific Research Activities - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 15:00–16:40 D29/347-RCX2
- None - basic course
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is basic introduction into practical data analysis for students of biology and clinical study specialisations. The course accompanies theoretical lectures of data analysis and shows the computation of presented methods on PC using statistical software (descriptive statistics, one sample and two sample tests, categorical data analysis, ANOVA, correlation and regression analysis, data visualisation, basics of experimental design).
- Learning outcomes
- The students will be able after the course to use the folowing data analysis methods:
Descriptive statistics, data visualisation.
Tables of distribution functions.
Introduction to sampling design and experimental design.
Distribution of continuous and bivariate variables.
Application of binomial distribution in biology.
One sample testing.
Two sample testing.
Application of goodness-of-fit test in biology.
Analysis of variance (ANOVA), non - parametric ANOVA.
Corelation, linear regression.
- Introduction to statistics, testing of hypotheses.
- Tables of distribution functions. Sampling from biological populations, data processing.
- Introduction to sampling design. Continuous, ordinal and nominal data in biology.
- Distribution of continuous and bivariate variables - testing of hypotheses, graphical methods.
- Application of binomial distribution in biology.
- One sample testing: sample mean, median, standard deviation, variance, binomial p.
- Two sample testing. Parametric and non - parametric methods.
- Application of goodness-of-fit test in biology, analysis of R x C contingency tables, discrimination of categorical data.
- Covariance, correlation coefficients.
- Analysis of variance (ANOVA), non-parametric ANOVA alternatives.
- Linear regression.
- ZAR, Jerrold H. Biostatistical analysis. 5th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall, 2010. xiii, 944. ISBN 9780131008465. info
- PETRIE, Aviva and Caroline SABIN. Medical statistics at a glance. 1st ed. Oxford: Blackwell Science, 2001. 138 s. ISBN 0632050756. info
- ALTMAN, Douglas G. Practical statistics for medical research. 1st ed. Boca Raton: Chapmann & Hall/CRC, 1991. xii, 611. ISBN 0412276305. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical training using computers
- Assessment methods
- Exam based on correct application of statistical methods.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/BLAM061c