LF:BLTM0211p Techn. of Mol. Biology - lec. - Course Information
BLTM0211p Techniques of Molecular Biology and Genetics - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Michal Jurajda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Michal Masařík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Andrea Knight, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lukáš Pácal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Dipl. Ing. Martin Piskáček, Dr. rer. nat. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Sabina Ševčíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Michal Jurajda, Ph.D.
Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Věra Ježková
Supplier department: Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BLMB011c Mol.andCell.Biol.-pract.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim is to educate the students in basic principles of molecular biology and molecular genetics analytical techniques.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to understand principles of basic techniques of molecular biology and human genetics. They should understand stucture of human genome, principles of genome analyses and principles of heritability. Thea are able to employ basic methods of molecular biology and molecular genetics.
- Human genome
- Molecular biology basis of meiosis
- Human chromosomes
- Genetic determination of phenotype
- Environmental determination of phenotype
- Exon, intron and promoter mutations
- Single nucleotide mutations
- Insertion/deletion mutations
- Monogenic and multigenic diseases
- Environmental determinants of multifactorial diseases development
- Genetic determinants of multifactorial diseases development
- Common diseases
- Functional genomics
- Gene therapy
- Vertical transfer of genetic information
- ALBERTS, Bruce. Základy buněčné biologie :úvod do molekulární biologie buňky. 1. vyd. Ústí nad Labem: Espero, 1999. xxvi, 630. ISBN 80-902906-0-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Full attendance with only one absence and written experimental records are necessary for giving credits and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.