LF:VLPX042t Vacational Training 2y - Course Information
VLPX042t Vacational Training in NursingFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Petra Búřilová, BBA (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Andrea Pokorná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dana Soldánová (seminar tutor)
Tereza Bednaříková (assistant)
Anna Horáková (assistant)
Mgr. Jana Šlancarová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Andrea Pokorná, Ph.D.
Department of Health Sciences - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Anna Horáková
Supplier department: Department of Health Sciences - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLBF011p Biophysics-lect. && VLPO011p First Aid - lecture && ( VLLT0222 Bas. Med. Terminol. II -p || VLLT0222s Bas. Med. Terminol. II -s )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (3)
- Course objectives
- Vacation/Summer practice in nursing I follow up on the subject Nursing. The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the activities of a general nurse in the inpatient department/treatment unit. Teaching is focused on the practice of practical skills - nursing activities and procedures according to the latest scientific knowledge, in real conditions of clinical practice.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will gain knowledge and skills for the implementation of nursing care and diagnostic-therapeutic activities, which are in the competence of the general nurse, or in which the general nurse assists the doctor/physician(other members of the multidisciplinary team.
After completing the course in the field of cognitive goals the student will be able to:
define the categories of non-medical health professionals and their competencies
describe the nature and equipment of the treatment unit, the organization of work and its schedule
define organizational forms of nursing care
list the categories of patients
define medical and nursing documentation
list evaluation scales and tests (to assess the risk of falls, the risk of pressure ulcers, to assess self-sufficiency, to assess pain, nutritional screening, etc.).
In the field of psychomotor goals the student will be able to:
work together as a team
communicate properly with healthcare professionals and patients
to provide individualized nursing care to adult patients on the basis of knowledge of their biopsychosocial needs and problems, with the determination of nursing diagnoses, goals and plans of nursing activities and with the evaluation of nursing interventions
apply the principles of barrier care
apply aseptic work procedures
apply other activities in the prevention of diseases associated with the provision of health care
perform selected nursing activities and services
work with medical and nursing documentation
apply rating scales and tests.
- Nursing activities with which the student will be acquainted during the clinical practice or will participate in their implementation:
- principles of hand hygiene and aseptic working procedures
- implementation of the nursing process
- admission, transfer and discharge of the patient
- care for aids, disinfection, sterilization
- hygienic care for self-sufficient, partially self-sufficient and non-self-sufficient patients
- bed adjustment
- nutrition and diet of the sick
- emptying patients, enemas, inserting a urinary catheter in a woman, caring for incontinent patients
- care for rest and sleep of the sick
- care for patients with pain
- prevention of pressure ulcers, care of patients with pressure ulcers
- care for patients with impaired consciousness
- measurement and recording of vital functions, electrocardiography
- visit, assistance during the visit
- a sampling of biological material
- peripheral vein cannulation and care of an inserted catheter
- tasks of a nurse in the preparation and application of drugs orally, per rectum, on the skin and into the body cavities, application of injections (subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous)
- preparation and administration of infusion and transfusion
- oxygen and inhalation therapy
- secretion of secretion from HDC in conscious patients older than 10 years
- dressings of aseptic and septic wounds, care of drains, care of the stoma
- acquaintance with basic dressing technique, prevention of venous thrombosis - bandages of lower limbs, care of patients with immobilization bandages
- rehabilitation nursing - positioning, mobilization, breathing exercises, self-service and self-sufficiency training
- caring for the dying and caring for the dead body
- optional: preoperative preparation and postoperative care.
- required literature
- POKORNÁ, Andrea, Alena KOMÍNKOVÁ, Andrea MENŠÍKOVÁ and Marta ŠENKYŘÍKOVÁ. Ošetřovatelské postupy založené na důkazech. 2., doplněné a přepracova. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2019. 128 stran. ISBN 9788021092976. info
- POKORNÁ, Andrea, Alena KOMÍNKOVÁ and Nikola SIKOROVÁ. Ošetřovatelské postupy založené na důkazech. 2. díl (Nursing skills – based on evidence. Vol. 2). 1. dotisk 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2021. 171 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7415-6. info
- BEHARKOVÁ, Natália and Dana SOLDÁNOVÁ. Základy ošetřovatelských postupů a intervencí (2. aktualizované a doplněné vydání) (Basics of Nursing Procedures and Interventions). 2. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2019. Elportál. ISBN 978-80-210-9313-3. URL URL URL URL info
- recommended literature
- VYTEJČKOVÁ, Renata. Ošetřovatelské postupy v péči o nemocné I : obecná část. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2011. 228 s. ISBN 9788024734194. info
- VYTEJČKOVÁ, Renata. Ošetřovatelské postupy v péči o nemocné II : speciální část. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 272 s. ISBN 9788024734200. info
- VYTEJČKOVÁ, Renata, Petra SEDLÁŘOVÁ, Vlasta WIRTHOVÁ, Iva OTRADOVCOVÁ and Lucie KUBÁTOVÁ. Ošetřovatelské postupy v péči o nemocné III : speciální část. 1. vydání. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2015. 303 stran. ISBN 9788024734217. info
- DEBNATH, Rita. PROFESSIONAL SKILLS IN NURSING. 1st. ed. 218 pp. isbn 978-1-84787-396-5
- Ošetřovatelské diagnózy : definice a klasifikace 2018-2020. Edited by T. Heather Herdman - Shigemi Kamitsuru, Translated by Pavla Kudlová. 11. vydání, 1. české vyd. Praha: Grada, 2020. 518 stran. ISBN 9788027107100. info
- POTTER, Patricia Ann, Anne Griffin PERRY, Patricia A. STOCKERT and Amy HALL. Essentials for nursing practice. 8th edition. St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier-Mosby, 2015. xxii, 1225. ISBN 9780323112024. info
- Nursing older adults. Edited by Jan Reed - Charlotte L. Clarke - Ann Macfarlane. Maidenhead, Berkshire: Open University Press/McGraw-Hill, 2012. xvii, 297. ISBN 9780335240845. info
- MCEWEN, Melanie and Evelyn M. WILLS. Theoretical basis for nursing. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2011. xix, 508. ISBN 9781605473239. info
- SCHUMACHER, Lori and Cynthia C. CHERNECKY. Saunders nursing survival guide : critical care & emergency nursing. 2nd ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Saunders, 2010. xviii, 377. ISBN 141606169X. info
- Teaching methods
- clinical practice
- Assessment methods
- 100% attendance in clinical practice
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 2 týdny během letních prázdnin.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 80.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- The scope of Vacation/Summer practice in Nursing I is 80 hours. The internship can be carried out in the period from June to September, in the inpatient department of the internal or surgical type (workplace of adult medicine).