PdF:CJp210 Forms of recent Czech and worl - Course Information
CJp210 Forms of recent Czech and world literatureFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Miroslav Chocholatý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Miroslav Chocholatý, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Petra Rozbořilová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- CJp210/01: Wed 16:00–16:50 učebna 7, M. Chocholatý
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Czech Language and Literature (programme PdF, N-CJ2) (2)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Czech Language and Literature (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The seminar offers overview of the development of Czech literature after November 1989. Students will learn the basic trends and genres of co-temporary poetry and prose between the years 1989 and 2015. Interpretation of selected texts will be the main way for the students for getting more familiar with the production of individual authors. Students will be given a systematic overview of important authors and their works.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will acquire knowledge of literary movements and genres of the given period of Czech literature and also of the specifics of their poetics. They will also be able to interpret literary works, and defend and support their opinions using their knowledge of literary studies.
- 1. Basic characteristics of the period. Overview of important literary groups, magazines and publishers. Literary studies and criticism of the 1990’s and the first decade of the 21st century and their representatives. Look at important works of literary studies after the year 1989. 2.-3. Poetry of the 1990’s (spiritual, existential and empiric Czech poetry, post-surrealistic tendencies, aftermath of the underground). 4.-5. Poetry in the first decade of the 21st century and its current form. 6. The issues of journal literature and memoirs in the 1990’s. 7. The forms of the prosaic postmodern after November 1989 (reflection upon chronotopes of big cities, intertextuality and its manifestations). 8. Normalization-reminiscence attempts in co-temporary prose. 9. Prose of personal drama (existential genre of co-temporary Czech prose). 10. Forms of self-reflection in co-temporary prose. 11. Feminism in co-temporary prose (prose for women and about women). 12. The image of historical traumas of the 20th century in Czech prose after November 1989.
- V souřadnicích mnohosti : česká literatura první dekády jednadvacátého století v souvislostech a interpretacích. Edited by Alena Fialová - Petr Hruška - Lenka Jungmannová. Vydání první. Praha: Academia, 2014. 817 stran. ISBN 9788020024107. info
- V souřadnicích volnosti : česká literatura devadesátých let dvacátého století v interpretacích. Edited by Petr Hruška. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 2008. 738 s. ISBN 9788020016300. info
- KOŽMÍN, Zdeněk. Na tvrdém loži z psího vína (On a Hard Bed of Virginia Creeper). První. Brno: Jota-Books, 1998. 320 pp. ISBN 80-725-42-001-1. info
- MACHALA, Lubomír. Literární bludiště : bilance polistopadové prózy. Vyd. 1. Praha: Brána, 2001. 241 s. ISBN 8024207354. info
- HAMAN, Aleš. Prozaické surfování. Olomouc: Votobia, 2001. 289 s. ISBN 80-7198-493-0. info
- BALAŠTÍK, Miroslav. Nová jména v české poezii 90. let. Brno: CERM - akademické nakladatelství, 1998. 16 pp. Literatura. ISBN 80-7204-100-2. info
- MACHALA, Lubomír. Česká próza 90. let. Brno: CERM akademické nakladatelství, 1999. 25 s. ISBN 8072041207. info
- CHOCHOLATÝ, Miroslav. Na křižovatkách nejmladší ženské poezie. Weles. Brno: Wendryňská Literárně-Estetická Společnost, 2005, IX, No 22, p. 82-96. ISSN 1214-2948. info
- Teaching methods
- Students will use and enhance their knowledge of trends of Czech literature in the period in question. Students will be instructed how to develop all their knowledge of literary history and interpretational skills in order to communicate more effectively with a literary work. They will creatively apply their knowledge gained not only in contact classes but also through their independent work with recommended literature which they will be able to consult with the teacher regularly.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: - submission of a seminar paper, - discussion of an assigned topic. For students who register the course as an optional course within the common course subjects, the requirements consis of a seminar paper only.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/CJp210