PdF:CJp517 World Literature in the 20th C - Course Information
CJp517 World Literature in the 20th CenturyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Poláček, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Poláček, CSc.
Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Petra Rozbořilová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Tue 15:00–15:50 učebna 60
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course objective is to outline basic trends in world literature of the first half of the 20th century.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will use and develop their knowledge of literary genres and movements in the period in question and relate it to the specific nature of their poetics.
- Osnova 1. General topics in the world literature. 2. Outline of the great european literature - poetry. 3. Outline of the great european literature - prose. 4. Main literary genres.
- required literature
- POSPÍŠIL, Ivo a Simoneta DEMBICKÁ. Světové literatury 20. století v kostce: americká, britská, francouzská, italská, Latinské Ameriky, německá, ruská, španělská. 1. vyd. Praha: Libri, 1999, 239 s. ISBN 808598380x.
- recommended literature
- ZEMAN, Milan. Slovník světové literatury: autoři a díla, směry. Vyd. 1. Praha: Fortuna, 1993, 188 s. ISBN 807168080x.
- Macura, Vladimír (ed.). Slovník světových literárních děl. A-Ž. I, II. Praha: Odeon, 1989.
- BROŽ, František. Česká a světová literatura v datech. Vyd. 1. Brno: Host, 2001. 414 s. ISBN 8072940627. info
- Teaching methods
- In the form of a seminar (analyses and interpretations of selected works), students will use and develop their knowledge of literary trends and movements of world literature in the given period. They will be able to identify and analyze the style of outstanding personalities of world poetry and prose. They will further develop their literary knowledge and interpretational skills with the aim to communicate with a literary work more effectively. They will creatively use their knowledge gained not only in contact classes but also in their individual study of recommended literature which they will be able to discuss regularly with their teacher.
- Assessment methods
- Type of completion: credit. Credit requirements: students are assessed for active participation in classes (discussions, analyses, interpretations) and attendance(max. 2 nonattendances).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/CJp517