PdF:HTP026 French for Academic Purposes - Course Information
HTP026 French for Academic PurposesFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Kateřina Sedláčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Language Centre
- Level C1 ERR course
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 20 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to test that the student has at least a C1 level (CEFR - Common European Framework) of French in academic speaking and writing.
- Learning outcomes
- Student can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- This is an exam course only, there is no participation component.
- recommended literature
- maia grégoire:Grammaire progressive du français, perfectionnement : avec 600 exercices, CLE International, 2012
- Chovelon, B.: Le résumé Le compte rendu La synthese. Presses universitaire de Grenoble. 2003
- CHOVELON, Bernadette and Marie BARTHE. Expression et style : français de perfectionnement. Grenoble: Presses Universitaires de Grenoble, 2002. 152 s. ISBN 2706110813. info
- not specified
- LESCURE, Richard. Dalf C1/C2 : 250 activités. Paris: CLE International, 2007. 287 s. ISBN 9782090352320. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual preparation of the student. Consultations with the examiner before the examination.
- Assessment methods
- FRENCH FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXAM FOR FF DOCTORAL STUDENTS:
The WRITTEN PART of the exam can take one of the following forms (for which the student will submit):
A) an EXTENDED ABSTRACT whereby the original text should be 500-800 words long (without citations) and respect the following structure: •1) theme related to specialization •2) current state (of the research) and statement of limitations •3) methodology •4) results •5) discussion •6) bibliography
B) the THESIS of the dissertation or a related PROJECT (depending on the phase of study) in the length of 1000-1500 words and following this structure: •1) theme, defining the limits of the issue and key concepts •2) theoretical background •3) summary of the current state of knowledge/research
•4) methodology •5) preliminary results •6) expected or final results •7) discussion •8) bibliography
C)an ACADEMIC PAPER written by the student for publication in an academic journal
D) proof of MASTER'S STUDIES in English
The ORAL PART of the exam can take one of the following forms:
A) INTERVIEW with the examiner on a given topic (c. 30 min.)
B) submitting a certificate/proof of having given a PRESENTATION in English at an international conference
C) submitting a C1 (CEFR) level CERTIFICATE (in general or specialized English)
D) submitting proof of MASTER'S STUDIES in English
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: zkouška podle podmínek pro doktorské studium MU
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
Note related to how often the course is taught: konzultace.
General note: Kurz je určen pro studenty doktorského studia na PdF MU.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: konzultace.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Kurz je určen pro studenty doktorského studia na PdF MU
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/HTP026