PdF:HV069 Internationalization in ME - Course Information
HV069 Internationalization in Music EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Marek Sedláček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Marek Sedláček, Ph.D.
Department of Music - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: doc. PhDr. Marek Sedláček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Music - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to support the students of music education in the developing and deepening of their professional knowledge and skills in an international context, and improve their language competence with a focus on world languages. The objective is to develop the skills and motivation to study using foreign sources and active professional communication in a foreign language. An emphasis is put on an active student's involvement and responsibility for developing the selected competencies.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will acquire professional knowledge about the situation of the studied field abroad, deepen and expand his/her ability of professional communication in a foreign language, will be able to better understand the development and actual state of the field in an international context, will be able to study foreign language texts and respond to professional communication in an international environment.
- Attending a vocational subjects (not the language course), which is at the Faculty or other faculties taught in a foreign language. The subject must be themed around music or art in general, music, aesthetics, art theory or a related discipline. Participation in foreign study visit (eg. Erasmus +) of at least 1 month
- Professional music teaching practice abroad (eg. as part of a work placement in the Erasmus +) with min. length of stay 1 month
- Attendance at an international summer school abroad, focusing on disciplines related to student's studies in the range of at least 1 week
- Writing the master's degree thesis in English
- Participation in at least 8 lectures or seminars themed on the studied field led in a foreign language by visiting professors at the Faculty of Education of Masaryk University, other faculties or other universities
- Active participation in a foreign language at scientific conferences or specialist seminars (eg. Student Conference)
- ECO, Umberto. A theory of semiotics. 1. Midland Book Ed. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1979.
- BROWNE, Richmond. Music theory: special topics. New York: Acad. Press, 1981.
- TARASTI, Eero. A theory of musical semiotics. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1994. xviii, 328 s. Advances semiotics. ISBN 0-253-35649-0.
- HUDZIK, John. K. (2014). Comprehensive internationalization. Taylor & Francis. Available at: https://www.nafsa.org/uploadedFiles/NAFSA_Home/Resource_Library_Assets/Publications_Library/2011_Comprehen_Internationalization.pdf
- .HARRIS, Ernest E. Music education: a guide to information sources. Detroit: Gale research company, 1978.
- SEDLÁČEK, Marek. Music Education – Terra Cognita? 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2016. 115 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-8443-8. doi:10.5817/CZ.MUNI.P210-8443-2016. URL info
- SEDLÁČEK, Marek. Topical Issues of Contemporary Music Education. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. 123 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6102-6. doi:10.5817/CZ.MUNI.P210-6102-2012. Čítárna Munispace URL info
- SPISAR, Jan and Ludmila PEŘINOVÁ. Anglicko-český a česko-anglický hudební slovník s ilustrovaným prologem. Ostrava: Montanex, 2010. 239 stran. ISBN 9788072253180. info
- SEDLÁČEK, Marek. The Multimedia Technologies Applications in Music Education. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2010. 90 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5392-2. info
- Teaching methods
- theoretical preparation, presentation
- Assessment methods
- Students are required during their master's degree study to fulfill at least one requirement in expected outcomes (completing a course in a foreign language, foreign study stay or work placement, international summer school, attendance at lectures in a foreign language, active output at a conference in a foreign language). Students submit the certificate of an accomplishment of the selected output (completion of a course in a foreign language registered in the IS MU, a certificate of experience abroad, a certificate of participation in the foreign language lectures, conference papers, etc.) to the teacher of the course.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: Student předmět plní v průběhu studia pouze jednou, sám si zvolí ve kterém semestru.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/HV069