PdF:SZ6093 Teaching Practice 1 - Course Information
SZ6093 Teaching Practice 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Bc. Jan Nehyba, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Svojanovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Petr Kopečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Dana Zámečníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Denisa Foltová, DiS. (assistant)
Mgr. Blanka Klimovič (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Svojanovský, Ph.D.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6640 Teaching Practice 1 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 83 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The purpose of this course is to extend professional competences, to get familiar with roles a teacher encounters during his/her work, and to be aware of one’s own professional needs. This practice puts an emphasis on pedagogical-psychological aspect of the practice. Within this course, the student has a possibility to link theoretical knowledge gained in courses of Pedagogy, Psychology and his/her own study field with practical experience and to enhance reflective and self-reflective skills needed for teacher’s profession. The practice is continuous and is to be realized in 10 weeks during the semester within the MINOR study plan. The practice takes in total 60 hours consisting of 40 hours of being actually in school and 20 hours of own preparation for teaching or help to the mentor (e.g. correction of tests, preparation of teaching aids, etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the teaching practice students will be able to: - plan, implement and evaluate their own teaching at an appropriate standard of professional quality; - identify the strengths and weaknesses of their professional performance, suggest personal development goals, how they can be achieved, and implement them within a set time; - orient himself/herself in teacher’s everyday activities (both of teaching and non-teaching character).
- • activities related to (class) teacher’s assistant, set by a director of elementary school or mentor (e.g. help with correction of written assignments or pupils’ notice books, teaching aids, individual work with pupils with special educational needs, assisting (together with the teacher) pupils’ excursions, preparation of school projects and events, monitoring pupils’ behaviour, participation in parents’ meetings, help with school/class administrative work, preparation of class meetings, substituting teachers etc.); • keeping a teaching diary and completing a long-term complex portfolio task; • observations of mentor’s lessons (depending on possibilities of the school); • actual teaching – 8 hours; • tandem teaching – 8 hours.
- DYTRTOVÁ, Radmila and Marie KRHUTOVÁ. Učitel : příprava na profesi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2009. 121 s. ISBN 9788024728636. info
- KYRIACOU, Chris. Klíčové dovednosti učitele : cesty k lepšímu vyučování. Translated by Dominik Dvořák - Milan Koldinský. Vyd. 3. Praha: Portál, 2008. 155 s. ISBN 9788073674342. info
- PETTY, Geoffrey. Moderní vyučování. Translated by Štěpán Kovařík. Vyd. 3. Praha: Portál, 2004. 380 s. ISBN 807178978X. info
- GOWER, Roger, Diane PHILLIPS and Steve WALTERS. Teaching practice handbook. New edition. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann, 1995. viii, 215. ISBN 0-435-24059-5. info
- ŠIMONÍK, Oldřich. Začínající učitel (The beginning teacher). dotisk 1. vydání. Brno: MU, 1995. 101 pp. Spisy pedagogické fakulty MU, sv. 56. ISBN 80-210-0944-6. info
- Teaching methods
- • active work monitored by the mentor; • individual consultations.
- Assessment methods
- • teacher student’s evaluation provided by the mentor; • regular attendance to the school of the teaching practice.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Note related to how often the course is taught: Praxe trvá 10 týdnů. Celkem jde o 60 hodin praxe, z toho 40 hodin přímo ve škole.
General note: MINOR PREZENČNÍ.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 60 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/SZ6093