PdF:A2MK_VPx3 Teaching practice 3 - Course Information
A2MK_VPx3 Teaching practice 3Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Helena Havlíčková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Renata Jančaříková, Ph.D.
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
Supplier department: Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- parallel attendance of AM2MK_DI2A
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in English Language (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- Students will arrange their teaching practice individually at an upper-primary (or lower secondary) school, at a secondary school or a language school (not kinder gartens). The secretary will provide you with a letter for the school director. It is also possible to recognize teaching practice at English courses. Observations: at least 5 lessons. Teaching: 10 - 15 lessons. At the end they are supposed to be able to start teaching without any guidance.
- Classroom observation. School climate. Teaching 10 - 15 classes.
- UR, Penny. A course in language teaching : practice and theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. xiii, 375. ISBN 0-521-44994-4. info
- GOWER, Roger, Diane PHILLIPS and Steve WALTERS. Teaching practice handbook. New edition. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann, 1995. viii, 215. ISBN 0-435-24059-5. info
- SCRIVENER, Jim. Learning teaching : a guidebook for English language teachers. Oxford: Heinemann, 1994. vi, 218 p. ISBN 0-435-24089-718. info
- Teaching methods
- teaching practice
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements 5 observation sheets. 10 – 15 lesson plans plans (written before the lessons!) with your feedback at the end. Can be typed or handwritten. Report (500 - 1000 words) - expectations, impressions from the school, experience with Rámcový vzdělávací program and Školní vzdělávací program (ask the teachers at your school), what you learnt at the school. Contracts with mentors (100 Kc per lesson), 2 copies/sheets (not four sheets!) (downloadable from the dept website). Or the certificate from the school with the signature and the stamp certifying that you have taught at least 10 English lessons. Or a copy of your own contract. Mentor evaluation (downloadable from the dept website) in case s/he has signed the contract (see above). You may invite your faculty teacher (Ms Havlíčková) to observe a lesson or two if you wish.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: praxe.